PDA

View Full Version : Bank Roll for Online ring games and tournment play

wnewcomb
03-08-2005, 03:11 AM
I have recently tried a couple of sites for small amounts of money on two sites ... one being Partypoker and the other being ParadisePoker.... I either want to play 2 tables of 25 NL and one tournment or two 50 NL and one tournment ....
What kind of bank roll is good to start with?? 500..750
What is the best amount to put in and really try make money at online poker??
I seem to like the software better at Paradise but I like the fish better at partypoker....
What I am wondering is if I take a real stab at trying to make money at online poker whats the best way to go about it??
I feel good playing three tables... the one thing I keep trying to do is talk to much always been chatty at the table and have worked it into my live game action....
Also if I do this I want to catch the promotions that whatever site I choose has to offer....
How do I make sure I am getting everything I can at a site?
How important is it to take notes on players??...
How do I get involved in return on my rake play??... Is it worth it??
With the small amount that I played I did notice that I did tend to run into some of the same players...
Also when reading the threads here there is a lot of geeky online terms that everyone uses to describe their hand or play or hours/on return, there SB or BB wins and looses, is there a book to give me a better insite to online play and following it?? !!!AND NOT KILLER ONLINE POKER !!! Please....
I tend to play for about 2-4 hours at a time when I dont feel as sharp but want to keep playing I drop down to 2 or just 1 table
Any information would be welcome for someone who has played online for a few years here and there but starting to really thinking about taking a stab....
Thanks,
Wayne

PS: are there better sites then the two Imentioned with the amount of players that those two sites have??

jzpiano14
03-08-2005, 03:29 AM
First don't ever play when your tired! Big mistake will cost you money in the long run. If your looking for books, any 2+2 book is generally good. Small Stakes Hold em is probably the book to start with if you have a general understanding of the game (referred to as SSHE) I play at empire and at party because the games are soft and I get a good rakeback deal (check your PM for that info). Bonuses and such will be in the Internet section or check bonuswhores.com for all bonus whoring needs. Your bank roll for limit hold em should be at least 300 BB (big bets). ex. .5/1- $300 2/4- $1200. I usually don't play NL, but I think the standard is at least 20 buy in (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know about tourneys as I only play those occasionally. Don't worry about talking at the tables, I only do this sometimes. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have, just give me a PM if you want. Hope this all helps...and welcome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif