PDA

View Full Version : only hand for tonight, not sure about flop or turn plays

mr pink
03-08-2005, 01:59 AM
3/6

villain is a LAG who doesn't like me.

dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the big blind

utg folds, utg+1 limps, utg+2 limps, mp1 limps, fold, fold, villain raises on the button, sb fols, i 3-bet, 1st limper calls, 2nd and 3rd both fold, villain calls.

flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players - 10.5 small bets)

hero checks ( mistake #1? ), limper checks, villain bets, hero calls ( mistake #2? ), limper calls.

i was planning on check/raising the flop, but any diamond out there isn't folding, and i was pretty sure i was ahead of the LAG on the button.

i decided to wait and check/raise a non-diamond turn unless it's a king.

help me out here.

Harv72b
03-08-2005, 02:47 AM
Villain is a LAG who doesn't like you...so I don't see how he can't raise on this flop if you bet out. You didn't provide a read on the limper in the hand, but do you know if he'd call 2 cold on the flop with a medium diamond draw (i.e., something like 7x7d)?

Against this opponent, I'm going to lead out, hope he raises, and 3-bet if the limper folds (repeat the process on a non-diamond turn if the limper calls). If I get HU, I'm not slowing down until I get capped on a blank turn, and I'm not folding, period.

EDIT: Clarkmeister's right, of course--I misremembered (word?) the betting order.

Clarkmeister
03-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Checkraise the flop there. Get it headsup with the retard.