PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitous quads post(low content)

Dead
03-08-2005, 01:17 AM
I'd been running badly so this hand perked me right up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (17 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

GrunchCan
03-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Not bad. Next time read the opponent's mind so that you know that you can get action on every street if you raise.

ArturiusX
03-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Raise this flop, you have callers you can trap.

Dead
03-08-2005, 01:21 AM
23 BB for flopped FH then quads. I ain't complainin. I normally drag about a 5 BB pot with these.

And ya, I know you're joking, Lumbergh.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead
03-08-2005, 01:22 AM
I wanted to keep Button in though. It failed but mehh. =p

Shillx
03-08-2005, 01:24 AM
[censored] A, I'm getting anted off in my .5/1 Stud/8 game.

bottomset
03-08-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] A, I'm getting anted off in my .5/1 Stud/8 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

see fucker isn't censored, at least not for a while, so

its

motherfucker I'm getting anted off in my .5/1 Stud/8 game

wax311
03-08-2005, 02:34 AM
I like how this was played. The slowplay on the flop is really necessary here. You want the button and SB to continue here - preflop was 3-bet so there's a good chance both have two overcards on the flop. There's a much smaller chance they will continue for two bets with overcards after you 3-bet preflop if they fear you have AA-JJ. You don't really have to worry about getting outdrawn. Preflop was 3-bet, so there's probably like a 98% chance that you have everyone drawing dead - the only draws you are concerned about are very unlikely (A2-J2 very unlikely in a 3-bet pot, AA-QQ would have ben capped, JJ might not be capped but that's just 2 outs if anyone holds it). Plus if you raise the flop, there's a decent chance that MP1 checks to you on the turn and river, and you'd loose half your turn and river earnings.

milesdyson
03-08-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only draws you are concerned about are very unlikely (A2-J2 very unlikely in a 3-bet pot, AA-QQ would have ben capped, JJ might not be capped but that's just 2 outs if anyone holds it).

[/ QUOTE ]
A2 and J2 are drawing dead to running aces, running jacks, or the case 2 - we hope to death they're in this hand. Only overpairs can outdraw us.

bottomset
03-08-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only draws you are concerned about are very unlikely (A2-J2 very unlikely in a 3-bet pot, AA-QQ would have ben capped, JJ might not be capped but that's just 2 outs if anyone holds it).

[/ QUOTE ]
A2 and J2 are drawing dead to running aces, running jacks, or the case 2 - we hope to death they're in this hand. Only overpairs can outdraw us.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly you really want them to have something like A2 here as they will give plenty of action, and have very little chance of drawing out

wax311
03-08-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops yeah you're right. So just AA-JJ, and AA-KK would have been capped in this situation 95% of the time, QQ probably 90% of the time, and JJ like 50% of the time. Given the action, Dead's winning this hand probably more than 99.5 percent of the time. Definately a situation where you can forget about losing the hand and just do whatever it takes to win as much money as possible. I love hands like that.

Dead
03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Me too.

In case you guys wondered, I won the hand.

One villain showed Jacks and one showed Eights.

I suck out g00t.

Alex/Mugaaz
03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like how this was played. The slowplay on the flop is really necessary here. You want the button and SB to continue here - preflop was 3-bet so there's a good chance both have two overcards on the flop. There's a much smaller chance they will continue for two bets with overcards after you 3-bet preflop if they fear you have AA-JJ. You don't really have to worry about getting outdrawn. Preflop was 3-bet, so there's probably like a 98% chance that you have everyone drawing dead - the only draws you are concerned about are very unlikely (A2-J2 very unlikely in a 3-bet pot, AA-QQ would have ben capped, JJ might not be capped but that's just 2 outs if anyone holds it). Plus if you raise the flop, there's a decent chance that MP1 checks to you on the turn and river, and you'd loose half your turn and river earnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how micro this limit is but virtually no one will ever fold if they already called a raise, period.
Make sure that you never think while playing microlimits! All you will do is give your opponents too much credit and kill your game.