PDA

View Full Version : Psychology!

Vince Lepore
09-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Psychology! What a subject for a poker player. I mean after all poker is 100% mental. And the other 90% of the time it's just waiting around to be mental.

Psychology, yes, yes, yes! What in the f... am I doing playing this game? I'm asking this question and I happen to be running good! Do you think Sigmund or even Alan for that matter could have a field day with me?

Well don't look so smug. You're no different. Perhaps you are even worse. No, I'll bet you are worse. Did I say bet? I didn't mean it. Not literally, that is. I don't want you to think that I play poker because I like to gamble or worse I'm addicted to betting. So, trash can the bet. Take it as a colloquialism. You do know what that is, now, don't you? You do? Then maybe you are crazier than me. Why would someone smart enough to know what in the hell a colloquialism is play poker? The only thing I know about a colloquialism is that it doesn't apply to what I tried to apply it to.

Psychology? Does that mean that a poker player should have his head examined? Woe is me, woe is me, poker playing has me on my knee.

Psychology indeed, who needs it? Me? You? Certainly, Sklansky, not to mention Malmuth. O.K. Alan, as soon as I figure out why I need pschology I'm making an appointment. I hope that you are cheap. I need my bankroll to play poker.

Vince

Al Schoonmaker
09-23-2002, 01:48 AM
Vince,

Glad you've decided to join us here at the Poker Psychology Forum, and I wonder why we don't see you at the PDG. Your arguments are always stimulating, even when I disagree with them.

And you certainly don't need to consult me professionally. Anybody who kicks ass the way you do could give me lessons.

Regards, and get your butt back to the PDG,

Al

scalf
09-23-2002, 08:08 AM
vince...you are the sanest person i know, that i never met, but did eyeball...gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Vince Lepore
09-23-2002, 01:26 PM
Join you on the psychology forum? Are you crazy? Well anyone that does not understand that the psychology of poker is important should literally have his head examined.

More to the point. How's this. Last week I played 15 Holdem at Hollywood Park. I was up over $1000 in the first hour and a half. I lost back $400 in the next ohour and a half. the game was great. I quit. I played one hour of 15 holdem at the Hustler. I won $121. I quit and played the Hustler NLH for $120. Finished 21st just out of the money . I cursed myself for two hours for being such a bone head and getting knocked out when I knew better. I played 9-18 w/kill Holdem at Oceans 11. I was waiting to get in a 20-40 game. 1 hour after sitting down I was ahead $200. I was called for the 20 game. The 9 game was so good that I got rolled and continued to play. 2 hours later i quit the 9 game a $758 winner.

What's the point you ask? Think about John Feeney's excerpt on hit and run poker. I do and did during theses sessions. So then why did I play at Oceans 11 again last night in the 9 game and quit a $32 winner after 2 hours in a great game?

Psychology important? I guess so.

Vince

Myrtle
09-24-2002, 09:46 PM
HEY!!!! Whattsamatta U??

All that money and U don't even call me when ur back here?

And then......U gotta post it TWICE to rub it in?

Geez....whattaguy!!

U gonna make it for WPF's?

Is there anything that I can do to shame U into a response?

(Hope all is well....talk to U soon) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Mason Malmuth
09-26-2002, 02:34 AM
I won't mention any names but if anyone needs to borrow money... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif