PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to 3/6....(Whine post)

PokerBob
03-08-2005, 12:19 AM
I am -90BB in 600 hands. Ugh. Am I really this bad?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 folds.

River: (8.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Ah (one pair, aces).
Button has Qc Ac (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 12.16 BB. </font>

JoshuaD
03-08-2005, 12:24 AM
You've had worse swings at 2/4 and at 1/2. Try not to be results oriented, you know you played this hand well.

...I'm still having trouble following that advice at 2/4 after 15k hands.

Also, are you playing as scared money? That other T9s hand you posted up was really bad on the flop, if you're making plays like that it's costing you money.

djr
03-08-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am -90BB in 600 hands. Ugh. Am I really this bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want an honest answer? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jason_t
03-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Preflop is obvious. The flop is obvious. The turn is obvious. The river is obvious. The results were obvious as soon as the Button raised. Could you fold? No.

I hope this doesn't too sound harsh; it's meant to be a little harsh but not in a condescending fashion. You played this hand fine, and you know it. We're sorry to hear that 3/6 hasn't started well for you, but suffering a few bad beats is surely not the reason for it (and none of us want to hear about them). You have to look elsewhere for problems; this hand is definitely not one of them. Very sincerely: nice hand.

ErrantNight
03-08-2005, 12:45 AM
you know you're better than this post :-)

keep the faith...

and don't call to bottom gutshots!

Harv72b
03-08-2005, 02:56 AM
I feel your pain...I could post a half dozen absolutely terrible beats from 3/6 tonight. It does get better, though, trust me--and if you keep playing good, aggressive poker, you will clean up on 3/6. I've found that it's a very beatable game, anyway--better than 2/4 in many regards.

Do you have a lot of hands on opponents in your PT database? That helped me out a lot when I first started at 3/6...I'd datamined every night for about a week and a half first, so I already had a buddy list &amp; reads on a good number of players before I even sat down at a 3/6 table.

As for this hand, you know you played it properly start to finish. At least you lost to a real hand...it'd be much more frustrating if he'd shown something like Q4s. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rmarotti
03-08-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
better than 2/4 in many regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot size, for one /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schizo
03-08-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you know you played this hand well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catch of the Day
03-08-2005, 04:25 AM
I suggest a -50BB stop loss for the Day. If your really questioning your plays on hands like this (which seem obviously ABC) then instituting a Stop loss will help you to emotionally hand the swings at first when moving up. Also, are you properly rolled? If so, you should really attempt to not let 90BB phase you.

Catch-

jskills
03-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Dumb question - is it correct for the villan to call the flop bet here?

PokerBob
03-08-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dumb question - is it correct for the villan to call the flop bet here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, especially if he is going to make runnerrunner on my aces. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If he can assume the others will call, and it won't get raised, he is getting 13/1 on his call. his b/d flush draw is maybe 1 out, his A has to feel dirty, and his Q is most likely no good. If it is me, I dump this hand without a 2nd thought.

Lurshy
03-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I would consider adding the villan to my Buddy list. He is calling heads-up with a single over card and a back-door flush draw?! Exactly who I want to play.

Now if you led out on the turn with a pair of 77, called a raise from a late position sand bagger, and then check called the river to see his two pair (like I just did) you can worry about your quality of play.