PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker Customer Service

gh9801
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
...sucks. Anyone else have issues with them? Having to deal with them once makes me want to change poker servers.

astrodon
03-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Never had anything but prompt, helpfull service from all poker sites - particularly Party. I have often thought software companies have a lot to learn from them.

Reef
03-07-2005, 11:41 PM
just think of them as chimpanzees and set your expectations LOW. Then you won't be too disappointed

Guthrie
03-08-2005, 01:02 AM
In my experience Party's customer service consists entirely of someone in Bangalore scanning your e-mail for key words and then spamming you back with meaningless boilerplate. Calling them on the phone gets you someone in Bangalore who has absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but who dutifully reads to you from his script while trying to match up key words and then spams you back with meaningless boilerplate.

Klepton
03-08-2005, 02:51 AM
I once was disced during 3 50+5 tourneys...when i came back on, it auto-joined 2 of em, but i was unable to get into the third

i called them and they made me put the customer service lady's name in the program prompt (?) and when i restarted it worked...pretty strange, but she was really nice and helpful

i assume you mean the e-mail support, that always sucks

d1sterbd
03-09-2005, 11:10 AM
I was playing 3 tournaments and got disconnected. I was able to reconnect to 2 of them without problems. When I was connected to the third tournament (Step 3 NL) my cards were automatically folded no matter what I did. I hit the "I'm Back" button and everything. I had KK and it folded immediately. I got blinded out. They refused to give me credit for another Step 3 even after 45 minutes of explanation and escalation.

MyMindIsGoing
03-09-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...sucks. Anyone else have issues with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah.... When I signed up I got an email that said I HAD TO phone someone in India and then fax them a copy of my drivers license. I replied I hadn't got one but after a few emails it was ok to send a copy of a regular ID istead. So now I had to phone them too. I didn't have a phone so I had to go to a friend to call. When I called there was a realy stupid indian guy there saying that I had to have a drivers licence, I explained to him that I did not have one and that they told me before that the ID would do it too. So after like alot of minutes he said ok. Then he had to phone me up and I didn't know the phone number so I asked the friend and then the support dude said I have to call with my own phone. But I have no phone I said, but then he said he must have a number where he can reach me 24h a day. I though like, no way if I even had a phone I would let them disturb me when they wanted so I just gave up that site and moved to another site. If this is how party is then their customer service is baaaaaaaaaaaad.

On the other end, Prima [Expekt], has never ever asked me (been playing there for over a year, cashing out 20+ times) for a drivers license or phone number or any other stupid stuff.

Paragon
03-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Man this just happened to me the other day, and after a lengthy email to Party I was given no help. At 3 of my 4 sng tourney tables everything seemed to freeze, then after a few moments things went back to normal... Except each hand I automatically folded my cards despite pressing the "I'm Back" button. After closing Party and restarting it I was able to instantly rejoin the one table that hadn't messed up, while I could not reconnect to the other 3 tables at all.

However, since no one else had a problem, Party will not refund my buyins, and they claim the error is because of Internet problems unrelated to their servers. I don't see how that can be the case if you can actually *see* your hole cards being folded...

I did a search on this topic and found an older thread where Gigabet posted something like

[ QUOTE ]
When this happens [...] immediately call pp with the table number, and ask for the server name. Then go into your pp file, and replace your target line with the name of the server that they are using, and when you log in through that route it will let you back on that table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know what file he is talking about here? Also, is this a new glitch in Party or has this been happening for awhile?