PDA

View Full Version : Aces in the big blind

cold_cash
03-07-2005, 11:32 PM
The CO is a very solid player. I have a ton of hands against him and respect him. He might be one of you dillrods.

The SB is a live player. Loose/passive.

The Button is a little loose but not completely clueless.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to raise...

I'm mostly interested in what you think about the river, but please feel free to comment on any part.

Entity
03-07-2005, 11:34 PM
3-bet the turn dude. I think you're giving up too much by not doing that. A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif are pretty likely.

River play I'm usually betting intending to 3-bet based on my turn play, but since you played the turn like that (why??) checkraising is fine.

Rob

ErrantNight
03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn dude. I think you're giving up too much by not doing that. A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif are pretty likely.

River play I'm usually betting intending to 3-bet based on my turn play, but since you played the turn like that (why??) checkraising is fine.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

cold_cash
03-07-2005, 11:43 PM
This was a tough spot for me on the later streets for a couple reasons.

First, I felt like if I 3-bet the turn this guy was capable of folding a two-outer, which I didn't want him to do.

Secondly, I wasn't sure he would bet the river with that same two-outer, (in other words, a hand without an Ace), so I was really lost.

The reason I played the turn this way was specifically so I could check-raise the river if he bet it. (Which I know sounds stupid because of the above statement, but I really was in a quandry.)

On the turn I felt damned if I did and damned if I didn't, so I just chose one line (of course the fancier one) and went with it.

Shillx
03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
This is not a situation where he will be looking for a reason to fold to a 3-bet. Get the money in with the best of it because you might get outdrawn on the river. Also note that he played this hand very poorly on the turn shoud he have AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He should just call with these hands (do you see why?), and you need to punish him for his mistake.

Brad

Entity
03-07-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was a tough spot for me on the later streets for a couple reasons.

First, I felt like if I 3-bet the turn this guy was capable of folding a two-outer, which I didn't want him to do.

Secondly, I wasn't sure he would bet the river with that same two-outer, (in other words, a hand without an Ace), so I was really lost.

The reason I played the turn this way was specifically so I could check-raise the river if he bet it. (Which I know sounds stupid because of the above statement, but I really was in a quandry.)

On the turn I felt damned if I did and damned if I didn't, so I just chose one line (of course the fancier one) and went with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not raising you on this turn with TT-KK if he's decent dude. You've made your hand abundantly [censored] clear, and if he's raising you here (which is a huge mistake no matter what his holding is), he's not doing it with any of those hands.

Rob

cold_cash
03-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Alright, thanks.

He had Ad Kh.

Shillx
03-08-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, thanks.

He had Ad Kh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh he played his hand very poorly. Terrible in fact. I hope you changed your read on him. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brad

cold_cash
03-08-2005, 12:04 AM
We probably both changed our reads.

Entity
03-08-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, thanks.

He had Ad Kh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he bet the river.

Rob

cold_cash
03-08-2005, 12:08 AM
He did.

Catt
03-08-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He did.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he called the river C/R, too, I presume.

cold_cash
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, sorry.