PDA

View Full Version : Drawing thin TPTK and the nut flush draw - count my flop outs!

DrewOnTilt
03-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Yech.

In 3 B&M sessions this past weekend, I came out ahead twice but lost most of my winnings in the 3rd session. Most of that loss came from this single hand.

I've been going over this hand in my head for 3 days now. Seems I was just destined to lose it.

The more I think about it, the more I come up with little backdoor, dinky-assed ways that I could have improved my hand. Then I start thinking about all of the hands that were out against me and how my improved hand could have made somebody else an even better hand.

Look this over and see if I have thought of all of the thin draws that I had that would NOT have killed me. I just want to see if my fuming brain has come up with them all.

Preflop Hands
SB: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB (Hero): A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG + 2: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
CO:7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (yes, really. And this person capped the river unimproved! FISH!)
Button: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop:
4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Crap. I was SO happy to see this flop, but as you can see I'm basically dead to the aces up. The only 1 card draws I can see are the 3 remaining hearts. My kings are dirty as hell.

Here are the outs I have thought of:
One card draw to the three remaining hearts 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif assuming I avoid both the case Ace and the remaining Tens, and both the 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifand the 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif don't come to give the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif moron a straight flush.

Runner runner QJ
Runner runner KK
Runner runner AK

And a draw to a split pot of runner runner 4s.

Alright, what did I miss? And who the [censored] shuffled these cards anyway?

ErrantNight
03-07-2005, 11:34 PM
since you don't ever know what your opponents all have, you can't possibly judge how you should or should not have played a hand once that information is on the table.

go away.

DrewOnTilt
03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since you don't ever know what your opponents all have, you can't possibly judge how you should or should not have played a hand once that information is on the table.

go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee that answers a lot. Did you even bother reading my post? It's a question of counting outs, not how the hand should be played.

What gives with the "go away" part anyhow?

ErrantNight
03-07-2005, 11:43 PM
how does counting your outs after knowing what everyone had help you at any point in the future?