PDA

View Full Version : TPGK, value bet river?

iluzion
03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Villain is 62% vpip and .4 post flop aggression..

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero...?

I know he isn't folding here, I know its very likely/possible for him to have held on to an ace rag, but thinkign about it after the hand, such a passive player betting that turn had to have had a queen, and AQ he would have still raised preflop.. so now I think I should be betting that river for that reason. At the time I wasnt sure because I was afraid of an ace for some nuts reason.

milesdyson
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Dude, raise preflop and bet this flop. You will never be in this situation again, so forget it ever happened.

zeropotential
03-08-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, raise preflop and bet this flop. You will never be in this situation again, so forget it ever happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
theres no reason what so ever not to be raising this from the button and possibly isolate one opponent.

TripleH68
03-08-2005, 12:05 AM
easy raise preflop, especially from the button.

and yes, bet the river.

Shillx
03-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Yes you should bet the river. But you should just call the turn. There is no need to raise in this spot.

Brad

NateDog
03-08-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes you should bet the river. But you should just call the turn. There is no need to raise in this spot.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ] Would you bet this flop?

Shillx
03-08-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ] Would you bet this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not much of a "bet when checked to" type player (thought I should be). I might bet in this spot some of the time (mainly thinking that my hand is good). Yeah there is nothing wrong with betting the flop here.

Brad

ArturiusX
03-08-2005, 01:05 AM
If you had raised preflop, you could have bet this flop and probably picked up the pot + the extra preflop bets.