PDA

View Full Version : AA runs into huge aggresion

dburk2
03-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
the bad thing is this was the very first hand i had at this table so i have no reads to give you. i just want to know how i can figure out when its safe to raise or call or even fold when i face such extreme aggresion. thx for your input

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (18 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (18 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

jaxUp
03-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I think I lead the turn and call down if raised.

NateDog
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
the bad thing is this was the very first hand i had at this table

[/ QUOTE ]
They think youre a LAG

dburk2
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
i think on the turn every1 was scared of the aggression and waiting to make a move. thats when i thought i should bet the river for value

KaiShin
03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I lead the turn and call down if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the line I would take as well.

Vern
03-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Did he have Queens or Jacks, bet the turn, call a raise. Bet the river if the turn is not raised, otherwise, check/call the river.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

SteveL91
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Raise pf. That alone changes the dynamics of the entire hand. It's possible MP2 is raising something like ATs and isn't giving you credit for a hand.

Bet the turn. The river is debateable; with four other players in the hand, and a general lack of draws, I wouldn't be surprised if someone was calling down with a T. That said, I probably bet the river, but I think a case could be made for checking.

KaiShin
03-07-2005, 11:21 PM
I didn't see that the OP didn't raise preflop. That's a stupid thing to do with AA at these limits.

milesdyson
03-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah, lead the turn for sure based on the preflop and flop action.

edit: NICE LIMP RERAISE!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

NateDog
03-07-2005, 11:23 PM
What are you limp-re-raising for anyway?

AlmightyJay
03-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Raise PF.

Bet the turn. What are you afraid of? He probably has JJ QQ KK, or maybe is even massively overplaying AK. If he has KK, so be it. If he has AK, you're gonna make a bundle of money.

dburk2
03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
with this kind of aggresion im can be pretty sure im up against two pair or a set

btspider
03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
first orbit, not first hand i assume. post in MP3+ or the BB.

meh LRR'ing isn't illegal. it worked fine this time.. this is what you want to see when you go for one. that said, save it for when you have reads.

bet turn. QQ/JJ will be scared and may check. KK will raise you (but probably would cap PF). TT will raise as well.

SteveL91
03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with this kind of aggresion im can be pretty sure im up against two pair or a set

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop? No, you can't. Limp-reraisers aren't given much respect. MP2 had absolutely no reason to slow down with whatever he thought was best on the flop. Why should he? It's just as likely you're a total LAG who's limp-reraising with A6o.

AlmightyJay
03-07-2005, 11:29 PM
What do you think MP2 is raising that makes two pair on this flop?

TT is a reasonable thing to worry about on the flop, but JJ, QQ, or KK are much more likely at that point, and will mostly play the flop the same.

dburk2
03-07-2005, 11:29 PM
now that i think of it the turn check was from the unfamiliarity witht he table (yes odd but it WAS the first hand)

Aaron W.
03-08-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the bad thing is this was the very first hand i had at this table...

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there some non-posting rule that I don't know about?

Vern
03-08-2005, 08:44 AM
If it was the first hand, why didn't the converter list that you had posted a blind?

Second, if it was a converter mistake and you really did post UTG+2 at a full table, you need to search the forums for +posting +CO and read why posting UTG+2 is -EV.

Vern

Big Folder
03-08-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop? No, you can't. Limp-reraisers aren't given much respect. MP2 had absolutely no reason to slow down with whatever he thought was best on the flop. Why should he? It's just as likely you're a total LAG who's limp-reraising with A6o.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you can assume this is 2-pair or better because of a cap. The no-bet on the turn proves this, but of course you didnt know that till after it got checked around. BUT, if the turn was led out by AA you'd have enough information to know if 2-pair or set could definately be out there if it gets raised. This is where you go into call down mode, not after a cap on the flop.

Vern
03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Actually, someone with 87o could cap this flop for value and be excited the turn gets checked through. A capped flop with this many players in can mean a draw as often as a set.

Vern

GrunchCan
03-08-2005, 09:43 AM
You say this is your first hand at the table. Did you post the blind? Is this the first hand you were dealt, or the first hand you played?

Thigh
03-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I think that limp-raise move PF got you this kind of aggression. If they don't know you, they probably jumped the gun and labelled you a LAG.