PDA

View Full Version : AK cap and postflop plan

Roy6
03-07-2005, 11:11 PM
I'll show the results and this time my play was fine, but I don't know if it's OK generally. No reads.
The 3-bet of the BB is a bit scary but I capped as I saw there is no way CO will fold this one and it's probably dead money. Do you cap with AKo in this situation/headsup?

I absolutely missed the flop so my plan was to call and only continue if the turn is either an A or a K. Not sure what to do if A or K is a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Plus, I might be drawing dead if BB has AA/KK.
Another aspect: is calling down a reasonable option not to get bullied by another AK? With the 3rd player it's probably not a good idea, but what's with HU?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Qs Qh (two pair, queens and threes).
CO has 4s Ad (two pair, fours and threes).
Outcome: BB wins 10.25 BB. </font>

Clarkmeister
03-08-2005, 01:19 AM
You played it fine.