PDA

View Full Version : I don't like how I played this hand.

mungpo
03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I only have 50 hands on Villain, but he appears to be a very loose-passive player.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

I see a lot of mistakes with this hand. I feel I should have re-raised on the flop or folded, but of course I called all the way down to the river /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Sometimes I just get too imaginative and go too far with these hands.

KaiShin
03-07-2005, 11:15 PM
So you counter loose-passive play by being loose-passive /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'd fold this preflop.

Since you didn't, raise the flop to gain information and possibly get a free turn card. With a four flush on the turn, you could make an argument for raising that as well. Personally I would check through it and try to get a cheap showdown.

SteveL91
03-07-2005, 11:16 PM
First, fold pre-flop. I don't have a problem playing suited Kings if the conditions are right, but here, you're better off passing.

With that said, I think you either need to raise the flop or fold as it's a rather small pot.

TripleH68
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
This is a loose call preflop. From your position with UTG call I muck here.

ajrenni
03-07-2005, 11:25 PM
On the flop I would fold rather than raise. The pot is so small, it's not worth any free-card trickiness. Let BB have this chump change and get yourself some new cards.

- Andy

mungpo
03-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I agree, calling preflop here is just inexcusable bad play on my part. Normally this hand is mucked without question and I move on to the next hand.

AlmightyJay
03-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Fold preflop.

Fold the flop.

Calling the turn is okay.

For crying out loud, fold this river /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Greg J
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, calling preflop here is just inexcusable bad play on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, don't get carried away. It's an error I agree, but really not a HUGE one -- no reason to commit Hari-kari.

The real error in this hand was how you played from the flop on. Small pot with mid pair... it's not worth fighting over. Just lay it down on the flop.

Poker_kensho
03-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I would only play this hand preflop from late position with a few limpers behind me.

After the flop, a passive player bets at you. Easy fold with only middle pair and BD flush draw.