PDA

View Full Version : Bye, bye Texas Hold 'em!

Digity
03-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Friday I went onto PokerNow.com with $60 (buyed in). By Sunday I had $300. This was my first real attempt to play NL Hold 'em online. I tell my bro and sister about it. They tell my mom. They ask me to stop because there's a long history of gamblers in my family. Now I've uninstalled it and I'm annoyed, because I could be making money off the shitty players on Party Poker. Blah...stupid family history!

The thing is, I promised my mom I wouldn't play...so that's the end of it.

They think I'll become an addicted gambler and don't approve of me making money off of it, because they think it's a bad path I'm following. I did see the bad side of gambling from my dad, but I've always consider myself responsible and don't see myself turning into him. Anyway, I guess I'm packing away the deck of cards.

emonrad87
03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Playing any of the stakes offered at party with only a $60 bankroll is a sure fire way to bust.

Digity
03-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Not when you got skills like me.

csuf_gambler
03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL hahaha roflmfao best reply ever

emonrad87
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking right?

Digity
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
No...I'm not. It's so easy to win...why would you buy in any more? I just played the $25/NL tables and if you play properly it's almost takes more effort to lose than win.

jaxUp
03-07-2005, 10:37 PM
This is actually a pretty useless thread. Youre a new poster, so nobody really cares. Also, you don't give, or seek any advice. This could have been kept to yourself, and would not have wasted the 2 minutes that it takes to read it.

EDIT: Props on this though:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JihadOnTheRiver
03-07-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They think I'll become an addicted gambler

[/ QUOTE ]

They're right.

guitarhero14
03-07-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and the family line of gamblers continues.

dblgutshot
03-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Skills are important. Plus girls like guys with skills. Like computer hacking skills....NumChuck skills....bo-staff skills...

surfdoc
03-07-2005, 10:51 PM
I might believe you if you used the proper spelling: It is "I have skillz."

chas19
03-07-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might believe you if you used the proper spelling: It is "I have skillz."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

alt: "I got skillz"

emonrad87
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No...I'm not. It's so easy to win...why would you buy in any more? I just played the $25/NL tables and if you play properly it's almost takes more effort to lose than win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you should be glad they made you cashout. And I know you don't see why.

Ryner
03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I hate kids.

Reef
03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking right?

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, he probably isn't

Hold'me
03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now, I'm just as upset as you are that you uninstalled your poker software. Another fish leaves the aquarium...

KaiShin
03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
This thread rocks.

astrodon
03-07-2005, 11:37 PM
young and dumb and full of cum! /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BottlesOf
03-08-2005, 12:14 AM
I'd say 40% legit, 60% gimmick anyone radically disagree?

Baseballer02
03-08-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing any of the stakes offered at party with only a $60 bankroll is a sure fire way to bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

After taking some time off and reading SSHE, I decided to give poker another shot and so I deposited $50 into Party Poker. That was in the beginning of January. Now here at the begnning of March, I'm at $2k+.

It's not impossible to start small and win big, it just takes time and patience.

sthief09
03-08-2005, 12:24 AM
what the [censored] does "buyed in" mean?

emonrad87
03-08-2005, 12:25 AM
No, it takes luck to not bust with at best a 50BB roll, unless you started on the 5/1 SnG tables.

guitarhero14
03-08-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what the [censored] does "buyed in" mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question.

Guthrie
03-08-2005, 12:56 AM
"I tell my bro and sister about it. They tell my mom."

I wonder if he got a spanking.

Digity
03-08-2005, 12:57 AM
It's new terminology, because I'm a [censored]' pioneer! Oh well, you're lucky I can't play anymore...I had mad skillz! One less person out there to take your money. It's too bad gambling is looked down upon in our society. Sure, my fridge was empty on occassions due to my dad's radical spending of our hard earned [censored]' money! Yeah, gambling in [censored]' great! It's really brought my family together!

Anyway...I wanted to feast on some more fishes...but to be honest I was most profitable against good players, because I could always trap them. Fishes are retards. I just didn't have any respect for them. I slow played good hands. I made $100 on one 25/NL table, because I tricked the guy into an all-in. It just takes patience and it doesn't always work, but when it does then I lay the [censored]' smack down!!

Oh well, like Celine Dion said...my heart will go on! So, as a tribute to me slow play your next pocket aces.

Signing off,
Digity

Digity
03-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Actually, I took that seriously, because she's been through enuff bullshit with my dad and his gambling. [censored].

Redd
03-08-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 40% legit, 60% gimmick anyone radically disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the over on that 'Legit'. Anyone going for joke value would have definitely used the 'skillz' spelling.

emonrad87
03-08-2005, 01:21 AM
I have the over on the 60% gimmick

Baseballer02
03-08-2005, 01:26 AM
So without knowing my playing style, VP$IP, Agg., etc., you're basically gonna call me out as merely being just a lucky player? That's absurd.

I did it playing .50/1 and worked/studied damn hard to build my bankroll up from $50, and to have someone say it's only because of luck offends me.

BruceWayne
03-08-2005, 01:40 AM
This might have the reverse affect, and make you more miserable than had you played, and lost your entire stack to someone drawing out on the river.... But one never knows, does one? Ask them if they can give up their addiction to food /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SoftcoreRevolt
03-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Anyone want to take a 20 dollar bet the gimmick backstory involves his mom performing sexual favors to pay for his dad's gambling problem?

They always seem to.

emonrad87
03-08-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So without knowing my playing style, VP$IP, Agg., etc., you're basically gonna call me out as merely being just a lucky player? That's absurd.

I did it playing .50/1 and worked/studied damn hard to build my bankroll up from $50, and to have someone say it's only because of luck offends me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's too damn bad for you. Because it's true. But I never said you were merely a lucky player. I said it takes luck to not bust with a 50BB roll. Which I can assure you is VERY true. Look around the forums. How many pros, who I can assure you are better than you, go on 100BB downswings fairly regularly? 100% of them. Why do you think that everyone on here advocates a 300BB or larger bankroll? Because that's what you need to lower your RoR to a comfortable level. You have to get lucky to not hit a major downswing and bust when you start with a 50BB roll.

Jdanz
03-08-2005, 02:32 AM
he's so right. It's not an insult to you it's a statement of fact. Even my gifted self would need a lot of luck to start with 50 at party, and i got l33t skillz.

-JDanz
(Did i just gain or lose cred? I'm pretty sure i lost)

JimmyJazz1
03-08-2005, 02:40 AM
I hate you.

Klepton
03-08-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Skills are important. Plus girls like guys with skills. Like computer hacking skills....NumChuck skills....bo-staff skills...

[/ QUOTE ]

nh...LOL

pzhon
03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you worked and studied even harder, would you be confident you could build a roll up from $5 at $0.50-$1? It's obvious to everyone that it takes luck, too, to survive with just 5 BB. What people are trying to tell you is that it takes luck to survive with just 50 BB.

Justin A
03-08-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's new terminology, because I'm a [censored]' pioneer! Oh well, you're lucky I can't play anymore...I had mad skillz! One less person out there to take your money. It's too bad gambling is looked down upon in our society. Sure, my fridge was empty on occassions due to my dad's radical spending of our hard earned [censored]' money! Yeah, gambling in [censored]' great! It's really brought my family together!

Anyway...I wanted to feast on some more fishes...but to be honest I was most profitable against good players, because I could always trap them. Fishes are retards. I just didn't have any respect for them. I slow played good hands. I made $100 on one 25/NL table, because I tricked the guy into an all-in. It just takes patience and it doesn't always work, but when it does then I lay the [censored]' smack down!!

Oh well, like Celine Dion said...my heart will go on! So, as a tribute to me slow play your next pocket aces.

Signing off,
Digity

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you're like fourteen right?

Oilcan
03-08-2005, 03:07 AM
*Oilcan sighs*...matador...when will it end?

olavfo
03-08-2005, 03:33 AM
You can't go through life assuming you've got the same faults as other family members. That's just not a healthy attitude.

olavfo

Rah
03-08-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't go through life assuming you've got the same faults as other family members. That's just not a healthy attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a family thing. This forum is all addicted gamblers, we just make a profit from it.

Catch of the Day
03-08-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a friend transfer me 50, after I got my 40$ deposit bonus...I transfered him back the 50, and played .50/1.00. I actually know a lot of players who did this at first. I now know that this is a little foolish, but I don't know many players who start out playing properly rolled. Especially at those limits.

Catch-

olavfo
03-08-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a family thing. This forum is all addicted gamblers, we just make a profit from it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. And when you make money, you don't have a gambling problem. Why can't the rest of the world understand this simple concept?

olavfo

Bjorn
03-08-2005, 05:39 AM
Well your "risk of ruin" assuming you were a winning player in regards to EV probably was something like 30-50%. However if you only play for "free money" I don't see how that is a problem. Worst case you're no worse off than if you didn't play at all.

/Bjorn

axioma
03-08-2005, 07:12 AM
girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!

JinX11
03-08-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Signing off,
Digity

[/ QUOTE ]

Lansing?

surfdoc
03-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Also helps to add, "Skillz...to pay the billz."

AngryCola
03-08-2005, 11:00 AM
C-

johnnycakes
03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
No Digity? No doubt.

B Dids
03-08-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume a great many of the players on this site, myself included, have started with that little. Not saying 60BB is a real bankroll, but it's not a "sure fire way to bust".

BradL
03-08-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol potd

pshabi
03-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Dude, what are you talking about? He's already crushed the competition for at least 100 hands. He's pro if his family hadn't done this.

Fuckers.

AncientPC
03-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Dang if you can win $300 at NL 25 you need to move up to NL 100 ASAP! You could turn that $300 into $1,500 in the same time it took you to turn $60 into $300!

The Truth
03-09-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, what are you talking about? He's already crushed the competition for at least 100 hands. He's pro if his family hadn't done this.

Fuckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

CORed
03-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah, when you've got skills, you never end up on the wrong end of a set over set three times in a row.

Greg J
03-09-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Famous last words.

Clemtown53
03-09-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only partly true. The 7th time I put $50 into party I was able to start building a bankroll... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrandmaStabone
03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
The 2+2 posters are just jealous Digity. They spend all day playing "safe" and "intelligent" poker grinding out 1.5 bb/hr max while guys like you jump in for 20 minutes, take some gambles and run off with their money faster than they can say "pot equity". No one can deny that if took $60 to $300 in 3 days that you have the skillz, If it were a matter of luck that you would have lost some of the bankroll on day 1.5 or 2. BUT YOU DIDN'T, and if they won't inquire and listen to your advice and stategy than it is their loss. Keep up the good work, don't listen to your mother and start earning a living online, she won't be mad you used her credit card if you return it in triplicate.....

P.S. - please pm me any time you are online playing poker with your site, screen name, table and chip stack size. Thanks.

maldini
03-09-2005, 06:17 PM
BTW, it was likely your dad's hard earned money he was gambling with. he earned it he can spend it anyway he pleases. F your mother that selfish b1tch

MicroBob
03-09-2005, 07:31 PM
fabulous post.

ckessel
03-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I built up from $60, sort of. Put in $75, lost it slowly, went and read up some books, put in another $50 and never had problems again.

It's not luck that busts you out or makes you succeed with $50. That, in all likelihood, should be enough cash. It's the poker tuition that makes it not enough. You should, at the small tables, be able to withstand the fluctuations long enough to get your $35 matching bonus (or whatever it is). Making money at the .5/1 tables isn't hard, it's just dull and low profit/hour. With bonuses you're not really at 50BB, you're more like at 85-100BB depending on bonuses. There's an excellent chance that's enough of a bankroll to see you to the 200BB point where you're likely safe from downswings at the small tables.

All, of course, assuming you're good enough to be a winning player...