PDA

View Full Version : Just had to post this :-)

DaffyDuck
03-07-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't have the HH but 4 players left in a $11 UB SNG, on the bubble.

Blinds 150/300.

UTG has 130 chips and folds.

I am on Button with AJs. I have 6500 chips. I raise to 1000.

SB with 1800 goes all-in.

BB with 1900 folds.

I call 800 more. SB turns over ATo.

I win the hand, SB is out. UTG goes out next hand. I win HU. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

ZebraAss
03-07-2005, 10:19 PM
?

...way to go?

Allinlife
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
?

...way to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on...don't you remember your 1st SNG victory /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

raptor517
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
i remember mine. first one i ever played, was a 10+1, first time i played online, and i immediately thought i was the greatest player in the world. go figure. /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

DaffyDuck
03-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I actually didn't think I had to explain why I thought the SB was an idiot.

Bob

Allinlife
03-07-2005, 11:47 PM
why? because he pushed ATo with 6 BB on possible bulling attempt by the chip leader? sure he had nearly no folding equity, but it's not THAT bad as ATo does dominate lower aces and coinflip vs many

DaffyDuck
03-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Well I thought it was a hoot that he would push ATo with no folding equity when UTG had 130 chips left and we were on the bubble. I thought some might get a chuckle.

My bad.

BeerGolfPoker
03-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Don't worry Daffy, I got it.

curtains
03-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Its okay Daffy, I agree that it's a bad push.

bweiser8311962
03-08-2005, 12:55 AM
It's only a bad push if you want to finish 3rd. If you want to win, nothing wrong with it. Suppose you fold? Then UTG gets aces and triples up ... and then gets another lucky hand and doubles up. Meanwhile, you get nothing and end up 4th anyway.
You play to win the game.

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's only a bad push if you want to finish 3rd. If you want to win, nothing wrong with it. Suppose you fold? Then UTG gets aces and triples up ... and then gets another lucky hand and doubles up. Meanwhile, you get nothing and end up 4th anyway.
You play to win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come again?

Yugoslav

lastchance
03-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Nope, you play to get a big ROI. Winning is making money. 2nd is not first loser. 1st is much better than second, which is better than third, but third is still better than fourth.

That said, I don't think the AT push is terrible, though it's pretty bad. All depends on hero's range here. Still, with UTG as shortstacked as he is (if UTG had 3x BB, probably a good push).

raptor517
03-08-2005, 01:10 AM
lol yugo i was gonna write something like that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

SuitedSixes
03-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Why didn't you just push all-in to begin with?

Pepsquad
03-08-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a GREAT question! And one that probably won't get a response.

DaffyDuck
03-08-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a GREAT question! And one that probably won't get a response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't I respond? I actually like the fact that there is debate over this hand because I laughed when he pushed before I saw his cards because I thought there was no way he plays here with UTG all-in in the BB next hand. Maybe I was wrong to laugh.

I didn't push because just because 3x or so had pretty much been my standard raise the whole SNG. I had been popping 1k at this level all along because it's a nice round number, I dunno. I didn't think much of it as I figured with their stacks under 2k they should know I was going to call any raise. I certainly didn't mind the raise here.

I'm interested to hear if people think a push should be the standard play here vs. just my typical 3x or so raise.

Thanks.

SuitedSixes
03-08-2005, 02:09 AM
On my tombstone it will read:
There are two ways to win a poker hand. To have everyone else fold, or to have the better hand. You always want to have both options available to you.

In these situations, especially with a hand like AJs, you really don't want any callers, it's not that great of a hand against the kind of hands you are liable to call you, AT is one of the ones that it is great against. How different is this post if he rivers you and you go on to lose? I would be more concerned that he was willing to push even though someone was about to go out. To me, this screams of strength, especially since you are the big stack.

I just don't understand the point of not pushing if you are going to call an all-in.

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are two ways to win a poker hand. To have everyone else fold, or to have the better hand. You always want to have both options available to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be one of the lamest tombstones ever. I hope you see why.

I'll let others elaborate.

Yugoslav
's tombstone will read: The Greatest There Ever Was In The History

Allinlife
03-08-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]
I like your line better too /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SuitedSixes
03-08-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

My tombstone's message will benefit Poker Playing Humanity far greater than yours which should rightfully read:

Here lies Peter, he once had a girlfriend for 4.5 years.

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My tombstone's message will benefit Poker Playing Humanity far greater than yours which should rightfully read:

Here lies Peter, he once had a girlfriend for 4.5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I even got laid once! Hard to believe hunh?!?!?!

Also dude, you had a better comeback:

[ QUOTE ]

Here lies Peter, <font color="red"> he once turned down a date from a decidedly *hot* girl last Friday night. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav
Still the greatest in the history!
Biatch!

SuitedSixes
03-08-2005, 03:08 AM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif