PDA

View Full Version : Bet Your Wife NBA Picks of The Day 3-7-05

$DEADSEXE$
03-07-2005, 08:51 PM
TOR/DAL UNDER
MEM/LAC OVER
PORT +8
MIL +5

note..I now am only betting $10 on all my picks since I've gotten ass raped by some of these games in the past. If you want to make real profit seems one should stick to NFL and MLB. or middles

craig r
03-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Are you saying that people don't make money on the NBA?

craig

$DEADSEXE$
03-07-2005, 10:17 PM
No i'm saying the majority don't make enough profits on straight up bets over an entire season to warrant the risk.
Where as with NFL. I won around 70-80% of the time playing one or two games per week...though alot of it was due to Waterproof and Big Al's picks..and a little luck given the shorter number of games gambled on.

Now thats just me..I'm sure their are guys out there who do quite well betting the sides and spread over a NBA season.
but I would imagine most educated bettors would fair bettor betting NFL point spreads compared to NBA.

craig r
03-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Hmmmm..I don't bet basketball at all..but I would think that straight bets would be toughest on NFL. I think those lines are the sharpest, so they are much harder to handicap. I think a lot of one's money is made in the NFL by identifying the side the pros are on and getting an awesome line. But, I think handicapping the NFL games and betting based on that would be really really hard.

Also, winning 70-80% is an abberation. There is no way to keep that up over any significant amount of time (this is not an insult).

craig

$DEADSEXE$
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Trust me I know I did very well this seaon..but given several factors--shorter season(statistically less risk), each game has more meaning(huge factor in my opinion), Certain statistical factors etc I would say games are much easier to bet in NFL than BBall. Now if you bet 5 games per week that might now be the case...but one or two games per week for the entire season...with some insight and skill-I'de be surprised if someone couldn't finish 55-65% over the course of a season if not better. I wouldnt be as inclined to believe that with BBall. Most people wouldn't be willing to only bet 16-32 games over an entire nba season in my opinion