PDA

View Full Version : Ok, maybe I was wrong

A_PLUS
03-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Citanul,

Thanks for the advice about 2 tabling rather than 4 tabling.
Forget about the short term results. I can honestly say, that by really concentrating (even while watching sportscenter) on two tables, rather than 4, I knew I was increasing my chances of winning significantly. There were 7-8 key hands over the course of 8 SNGs, where I knew I would have made a different play if I wasnt aware of who to safely bet into at my table 4 steals with 84o, and like like and 4 folds with AT, etc, when the table conditions warranted.

It is a shame for all of those players who dont have 2+2, to kick them in the @ss when they need it.

My vegas bankroll may make it to respectability just yet.

raptor517
03-07-2005, 08:55 PM
a_plus, you have to realize that of course your roi is going to diminish as you increase the number of tables being played. however, does it diminish enough to make it worth only playing 1/4th or 1/2 of the tables? for me, no, it doesnt. if i can have a 10% roi 8 tabling thats a bajillion times better than a 30% roi 2 tabling. i will make WAY more money, though my results wont be near as good. keep that in mind when you are thinking about dropping down. holla

citanul
03-07-2005, 09:03 PM
No prob A_Plus. Glad to be of help. Hope the trip to Vegas goes well and is well funded.

Raptor, your and other concerns were already discussed in the thread being referenced by the OP. Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1874687&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Don't sweat it.

Yes, Hourly rate is an important thing, but as in the other thread I was trying to say, just stagnating at "eh, I can get to >0 ROI at 8 tables" is a cruddy way to go about things.

citanul

A_PLUS
03-07-2005, 09:17 PM
raptor,
I am well aware of the $/hr aspect of multitabling. My problem was that I have only been concentrating on SNGs for a little while. I needed to let my game improve naturally before making the jump. I am probably taking a ROI hit for the immediate fture. But I didnt see my game improving that way. I am currently at the 10+1, 20+2 level, I would like to move up sooner than later. Plus, I will take a slight ROI hit if it makes me work at my game every session, rather than playing robotic (which I had to do to 4 table, I had never played more than 3 before this weekend).