PDA

View Full Version : JJ turns a boat

Isura
03-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Haven't played .5/1 in a while. When should I consider slowing down against the typical .5/1 opponent.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

istewart
03-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I don't think I would ever slow down here.

jaxUp
03-07-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I would ever slow down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might only call a river 3-bet

Greg J
03-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I generally don't cap JJ preflop. I might cap the turn.

Entity
03-07-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I generally don't cap JJ preflop. I might cap the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally do. I would cap the turn. If he leads the river, I'm just calling.

Rob

ArturiusX
03-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Only AA and 44 beats you, and thats enough to go into call mode?

zeropotential
03-07-2005, 07:46 PM
I would have a hard time slowing down here...
since we're only behind to two thing and they can only exist 7 ways
(44's are unlikely since the pf 3bet)

if the player is smart I stop where you stoped
If its your typical .5/1 opponent... I keep raising

Shillx
03-07-2005, 07:57 PM
You have to be careful overplaying hands like this in HU situations. I read a post saying "I don't think I would ever slow down." This clearly isn't the correct way to go about a hand like this HU. Nice hand.

Brad

Isura
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Capping the turn and calling a river bet occured to me, still up in the air about that.
Villian showed AA this time.

chucksim
03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to be careful overplaying hands like this in HU situations. I read a post saying "I don't think I would ever slow down." This clearly isn't the correct way to go about a hand like this HU. Nice hand.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. All indications point to AA. Granted, many players at this limit would do the same with tons of worse hands. However, not letting AA come into your mind at some point and overplaying this too much is a big mistake.

dburk2
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
i wouldnt cap the preflop, i would 3bet/cap turn and cap the rest of the way, dont slow down on the river raise and if he 3bets call. only thing you should be nervous about is aa, which is probable but you have to not be passive with the 3rd nuts
oh yea and give reads on the player

bottomset
03-07-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this shows up a fair amount of the time, HU with a strong hand usually 2nd or 3rd nut facing continuing agression, at some point your opponent has to put you on a hand .. and if they keep betting, they have you crushed

Shillx
03-07-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this shows up a fair amount of the time, HU with a strong hand usually 2nd or 3rd nut facing continuing agression, at some point your opponent has to put you on a hand .. and if they keep betting, they have you crushed

[/ QUOTE ]

It has more to do with the fact that HU you have to have the best of it &gt;50% of the time to show a profit. Put 2 callers in there with hopeless hands and all the suddon you only have to be right 25% of the time. Playing games like Stud/8 will really help you understand these principles better. You can afford to make more mistakes when people are putting in dead $$$.

Brad

istewart
03-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Alright thanks, Shillx. I had an inkling that was your point but wasn't positive. I retract my previous statement /images/graemlins/smile.gif