PDA

View Full Version : Cuntish behaviour?

partygirluk
03-07-2005, 07:20 PM
3 years ago, some wanker crashes into my car, 100 per cent his fault. He is a bit of a twat about it, tries to pin the blame on me, gives me grief etc.

Anyway, I don't really care that much, he'll pay and I'll just have to forego the car for a couple of days. So I go along to the garage, and the engineer seems like a nice guy, so he gives me a quote, and I tell him that this other guy is paying, so I don't care if he overcharges somewhat.

[censored]
03-07-2005, 07:24 PM
His insurance would be paying right? So basically they, not the guy, would be getting ripped off. Over billing results in all of us paying higher insurance rates, so by encouraging it you have screwed everyone. So yes.

asofel
03-07-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 years ago, some wanker crashes into my car, 100 per cent his fault. He is a bit of a twat about it, tries to pin the blame on me, gives me grief etc.

Anyway, I don't really care that much, he'll pay and I'll just have to forego the car for a couple of days. So I go along to the garage, and the engineer seems like a nice guy, so he gives me a quote, and I tell him that this other guy is paying, so I don't care if he overcharges somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone hit me, then tried to blame me for it i wouldn't mind if they got a litlte shafted in the end...we were just talking about karma, right?

partygirluk
03-07-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His insurance would be paying right? So basically they, not the guy, would be getting ripped off. Over billing results in all of us paying higher insurance rates, so by encouraging it you have screwed everyone. So yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he was 18, and insurance goes WAY up at that age if you put in a claim, so he would bust a gut to pay himself.

Toro
03-07-2005, 07:32 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. The Insurance Co will send an adjuster to the shop and he'll make them justify the estimate. It will cost what it will cost regardless of what you tell the guy.

Tboner7
03-07-2005, 07:33 PM
sounds fine to me

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 07:36 PM
What about just letting it all wash over you, getting your car fixed, and getting back to enjoying your own life?

Yugoslav

partygirluk
03-07-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about just letting it all wash over you, getting your car fixed, and getting back to enjoying your own life?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I decided to play God and decided that the money would be better off in the hands of the engineer than the idiot.

Mayhap
03-07-2005, 07:51 PM
My wife just got home from a 'women's' seminar.
She asked me, "Say, have we ever had a mutual orgasm?"
I replied, "No, we've always had Allstate."

/M

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Basically I decided to play God and decided that the money would be better off in the hands of the engineer than the idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

Yugoslav

Hulk Hogan
03-07-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't even bother to think this through, dumbass. It costs the guy nothing. His rate goes up the same no matter if the claim is a few hundred either way, as it's all one at-fault claim. And the mechanic will have to justify his estimate anyways.

So we all get to pay higher insurance because of your dickishness, and you come on here, tell your little "look at me" story, and try to be a hero. Sorry bub, you're no hero. And because I am unable to express an opinion without being nasty, I am banned from this site.

mmbt0ne
03-07-2005, 08:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't even bother to think this through, dumbass. It costs the guy nothing. His rate goes up the same no matter if the claim is a few hundred either way, as it's all one at-fault claim. And the mechanic will have to justify his estimate anyways.

So we all get to pay higher insurance because of your dickishness, and you come on here, tell your little "look at me" story, and try to be a hero. Sorry bub, you're no hero. You're a cun[/i]t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he was 18, and insurance goes WAY up at that age if you put in a claim, so he would bust a gut to pay himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be a man Hulk! Learn to read and comprehend.

Hulk Hogan
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we all get to pay higher insurance because of your dickishness, and you come on here, tell your little "look at me" story, and try to be a hero. Sorry bub, you're no hero. You're a cun[/i]t.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because I'm sure he's going to pay the bill himself at 18, and I am sure the OP really does know this (instead of using it as a flimsy excuse to justify his own behaviour in light of the fact that he clearly didn't know about the overbilling being costly to the rest of us, or he surely would have mentioned this in the OP to avoid the inevitable flame).

The Goober
03-07-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because I'm sure he's going to pay the bill himself at 18, and I am sure the OP really does know this (instead of using it as a flimsy excuse to justify his own behaviour in light of the fact that he clearly didn't know about the overbilling being costly to the rest of us, or he surely would have mentioned this in the OP to avoid the inevitable flame).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still not thinking this through. No insurance company is ever going to pay out without having their own person do an estimate first. If you want to commit insurance fraud, you have to work a little harder at it then just telling the mechanic to jack up the prices a bit.

[censored]
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still not thinking this through. No insurance company is ever going to pay out without having their own person do an estimate first. If you want to commit insurance fraud, you have to work a little harder at it then just telling the mechanic to jack up the prices a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That still isn't an excuse for conspiring to commit fraud in the first place.

Additionally, insurance fraud on auto accidents does happen and does result is higher premiums for everyone.

If the OP had a problem then he shouldn't have been a pussy and worked it out the person he had a problem with.

FoxwoodsFiend
03-07-2005, 11:52 PM
But you're forgetting about the mechanic, who makes money. So it's not bad for everyone, right?

willie
03-07-2005, 11:58 PM
jeeze like insurance companies ever did anyone a [censored] favor.

we've all been raped comin up from 17+ till near 25, so [censored] them.

i had an overbilled estimate for when some guy dropped a pipe on my car from a rooftop of a jobsite.

i knew he was payin cash and would haggle so it was overshot a little bit, backed up by another shop, i got 80 percent of what i asked for cash and called it a deal.

Popinjay
03-08-2005, 12:03 AM
taser his ass

The Goober
03-08-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, insurance fraud on auto accidents does happen and does result is higher premiums for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with you completely on this point. People think they're "sticking it to the man" by ripping off insurance companies (or other large companies), but they're not. All of these costs just factor into the company's expenses and get passed down to the rest of us.

partygirluk
03-08-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did know this, because he happened to be an acquaintance. He left school @ 16, and had been working for 2 years. His parents might have helped him out also, as they were quite wealthy.

daveymck
03-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Anyone else wondering how [censored] is not censored, in the UK many people find it the most offensive word ever (me not included). Even reading this thread has probably got warning lights going off all round the IT department in the place I work.

partygirluk
03-08-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else wondering how [censored] is not censored, in the UK many people find it the most offensive word ever (me not included). Even reading this thread has probably got warning lights going off all round the IT department in the place I work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow they censored it for you. Maybe they don't censor titles?

Hulk Hogan
03-08-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I did know this, because he happened to be an acquaintance. He left school @ 16, and had been working for 2 years. His parents might have helped him out also, as they were quite wealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now he is and acquaintance with rich parents? This story gets better and better ...

Dress it up with any lies you want, but you're a douchebag and people like you mean higher insurance for the rest of us because you decided to be Mr. Justice or whatever, jackass.

daveymck
03-08-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No someone said it withing the thread as well, they must have got round the filter.

Wow they censored it for you. Maybe they don't censor titles?

[/ QUOTE ]

partygirluk
03-08-2005, 05:32 AM
I didn't try and avoid the filter, I just typed out cuntish.

The Goober
03-08-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dress it up with any lies you want, but you're a douchebag and people like you mean higher insurance for the rest of us because you decided to be Mr. Justice or whatever, jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not the OP is a douchebag is a matter of your opinion, but you're still wrong that this is going to have any effect at all on insurance rates. The mechanic can't jack up prices unless the guy who hit the OP is paying out of pocket.

As to whether or not its a justified thing to do, I say no - just because this guy was a dick doesn't mean that you should invite the mechanic to flat-out cheat him by overcharging. IMO the right thing to do is just make sure the mechanic knows that someone else is paying and tell him to do a really thorough job (but not in the same sentence). Punish the guy by putting him on the wrong side of variance.

daveymck
03-08-2005, 05:53 AM
It wasnt you that used the c word in the thread, it wasnt an accusation I was just surprised it wasnt filtered.

The-Matadork
03-09-2005, 01:37 AM
s'up bro?