PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Hotel Rates

JoeU
09-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Myself and another player are going out to Vegas in November for a few days. What is the best way to get a cheap room on the strip. I found a great rate at Circus Circus ($39 wed/thu $55 fri) if we guarantee them 5 hours play/room ( 2 1/2 hrs each / day). Is there a better rate on the strip, or, are the games at Circus Circus any good. We both play hold'em, but I'm willing to play stud as well. My main concern with Circus Circus is that it is so far north on the strip. Is there a way to get an equally enticing deal closer to the center of the strip??

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Dynasty
09-22-2002, 07:28 PM
You can probably get a similar rate at the Monte Carlo (720-730-7780).

Circus Circus has 3-6 hold'em with a single $3 big blind and 1-5 stud. Occasionally, it will have a low-limit Omaha8 game. The games are easily beatable.

JoeU
09-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

Would I be better off at Circus Circus, or is the Monte Carlo the way to go? I've been to Vegas twice, most recently in May, but my buddie has never been and wants to stay on the strip. I'll give the Monte Carlo a call.

Thanks again

Joe

HDPM
09-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Monte Carlo is about 8000% nicer and better location. Stay there even if it costs you some more. Games are fine. Sometimes there are reasonable locals and they're a little tighter, but I always found them beatable. You can also tram to the Bellagio. It's just not close where to stay between Circus and MC.

JoeU
09-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info.
I'll call them as soon as I win my money back on-line /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Joe