PDA

View Full Version : Would you go All-In with any 2 cards in this situation?

bkm
03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I've been in this situation a couple times and have not been sure what the correct play is.

Let's say it's a Party $10+1 SNG and it's down to 4 players.
A (5000)
B (2200)
C (500)
D (300)

The blinds are 150/300 and D is all-in as the big blind. You're player C and have 350 left after posting the small blind. A folds and B raises enough to put you all-in. What do you do if you have a crappy hand.

If you fold and B wins, you're ITM with very little chance of improving.
If you fold and D wins, neither you or D can survive another round of the blinds, but D has more chips and a slight advantage.

If you go All-In and B wins, you and D are eliminated but since you started with more chips you get 3rd place.
If you go All-In and you win, you're ITM and have 1300 chips with a good chance of improving.
If you go All-In and D wins the main pot and B wins the side pot, you go out in 4th place.
If you go All-In and D wins the main pot and you win the side pot, neither you or D can survive another round of the blinds, but D has more chips and a slight advantage.

So, do you go all-in even with a 72o or do you still want some sort of decent hand to go all-in with?

pooh74
03-07-2005, 06:59 PM
w/o any sort of proof as to why, i tend to go in only with top 1/3 or so of holdings. 72 is an easy fold, KQ ill go (i sort of think of it as me and button vs. the BB so he has AJ i want KQ and feel like "we" are covered).

Scuba Chuck
03-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking of doing an ICM analysis on this hand. Great post. Before I do any work, intuitively, it would make sense to call with the top 50% of hands.