PDA

View Full Version : Manu!

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Manu Ginobili is my favorite basketball player in the world right now.

Have you seen this guy play? He's the total package. Great shooter, creative passer, incredible hustle and way more than his fair share of "wow" plays. The guy just has heart.

I remember the first time I saw him play. On one play, he pump faked near the 3-point line, drove hard to the basket and threw down a *retarded* lefty dunk on someone's head. A few seconds later, he stole the ball and made a jumper. Just sick.

Look at his line last night when Tim Duncan got injured. 31, 8 and 7. 14 of 15 from the line, 7 of 11 from the field.

I wish more basketball players played like that, and less played like Karl Malone.

lucas9000
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
http://www.bballone.com/keving/timberwolves/images/timberwolves11_resize.jpg

Popinjay
03-07-2005, 05:58 PM
I agree, probably the most fun player to watch.

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 06:08 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/largepics/ginobili.jpg

http://www.elcolombiano.com.co/proyectos/nba/fotos/06-13-2003/REU03271.jpg

http://www.tresarroyosonline.com.ar/noticias/fotos/2004-08/8495.jpg

http://www.rionegro.com.ar/arch200305/images/d07j04.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/2004/star/emanuel_ginobili/U333P249T34D1232F603DT20040727095647.jpg

J_V
03-07-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you just said that. Better hurry up and delete it.

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.bballone.com/keving/timberwolves/images/timberwolves11_resize.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct response to any and/or all threads similar to the OP.

Yugoslav

Popinjay
03-07-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you just said that. Better hurry up and delete it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I was thinking maybe Lebron but Manu's all-out style makes him better.

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 06:23 PM
I got nothing against KG; I think he's great.

I pretty much hate Minnesota, though, so he loses a few points for that.

Also, he's about 7'2", so while his dunks are clearly fresh, they aren't as *impressive* as Manu's. To me, anyway.

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got nothing against KG; I think he's great.

I pretty much hate Minnesota, though, so he loses a few points for that.

Also, he's about 7'2", so while his dunks are clearly fresh, they aren't as *impressive* as Manu's. To me, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

A dunk is merely worth 2 points. You, however, know this and it is not your primary reason for loving Manu (I hope).

It is not that the picture is of KG throwing down a monster jam...it is that the picture of KG.

Yugoslav

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A dunk is merely worth 2 points. You, however, know this and it is not your primary reason for loving Manu (I hope).

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. And neither is it the primary reason one (should) appreciate KG. He's got tremendous ball-handling skills and a great shot for a big man as well. I think he even plays point sometimes, IIRC.

[ QUOTE ]
It is not that the picture is of KG throwing down a monster jam...it is that the picture of KG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this, though.

scrub
03-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Manu and KG are both members of my 2p2 Fantasy NBA team. Thus, they automatically rule.

KG rules more, though.

scrub

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 06:53 PM
My point is that KG is the correct response not b/c he's dunking in his pic but because he's better than Manu (by a lot). KG is the total package. If he had the post up game of Duncan there wouldn't even be competition for MVP between the two.

KG:
plays all five positions.
plays them tremendously *well*.

At some point in the perhaps near future Lebron will most likely take over 'best overall player' status, but not quite yet.

Although I agree that Manu is entertaining and very good. He's no KG.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they automatically rule.

KG rules more, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Can't argue with this.

This is basically what I'm trying to say SomethingClever.

Yugoslav

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 07:00 PM
That's all well and good, but my post wasn't titled, "Manu is the best player in the world."

He's just my favorite.

If I were drafting a new team from scratch, I'd take (in order)

LeBron (he's 1st because he's so much younger)
KG
Tim D
Kobe
Manu

lucas9000
03-07-2005, 07:06 PM
you guys are both missing my main reason for thinking kg is one of the best in the game right now, if not the best: his desire to win. he is a true competitor and is always out there doing what it takes to win. sadly he hasn't had the right teammates to compliment him thus far.

note: i don't expect you to have known my main reason. i was just saying.

lucas9000
03-07-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's all well and good, but my post wasn't titled, "Manu is the best player in the world."

He's just my favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

a distinction i so often miss. my bad. (i know you weren't saying that to me, but whatever...just want to be clear that i'm not trying to say who your favorite should be.)

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys are both missing my main reason for thinking kg is one of the best in the game right now, if not the best: his desire to win. he is a true competitor and is always out there doing what it takes to win. sadly he hasn't had the right teammates to compliment him thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see Manu playing for his home country in the Olympics? Argentina smoked us and then went on to win the Gold. Manu scored 29 in that game.

I would argue that his desire and heart are at least equal to KGs... and that they are probably the top 2 in the league in that department.

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me. I'm fully aware of this aspect of KG's game.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I cannot say the same thing for most of his teammates.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I were drafting a new team from scratch, I'd take (in order)

LeBron (he's 1st because he's so much younger)
KG
Tim D
Kobe
Manu

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply too high for Manu. There are at least 5 players that should come before him. Also, FWIW Kobe is too high on this list too, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Now that I live in Southern California, I get to watch him play day in and day out if I so choose and have not been impressed with his team play (*very* impressed with his individual play, however).

Yugoslav