PDA

View Full Version : Selling pieces of myself(WSOP)

stupidsucker
03-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I am not sure of the proper way to go about this, and many of the non regulars can save yourself the "this is not the right forum" speach. These are the posters that know me, and these are the posters of whom I trust.

Getting to the point...

As many of you may already know, I won a seat into the WSOP this year. I have contemplated selling my seat, but A) I WANT TO PLAY!, and B) Its not within the rules.

I am looking to sell 50% of myself to whomever is interested. I do not have the details yet, because I have to do some research on how everything works.

Here are my basic thoughts on how I want to approach it.

I will sell blocks as low as $100 and as high as anyone is willing to pay not to exceed $5000. The amount you buy will be equivilent as to the percent you will be due from the prize money that I may or may not win.

If I am going about this the wrong way then forgive me. I already have some interest with a few friends/family members, and I wanted to extend the invitation to 2+2ers as well. I need to research how this will all come together at the end. I may or may not need a lawyer to draw up a contract. If it comes to this, then I will be looking for a 2+2 lawyer/poster (I know we have a few) to do it in exchange for a piece of the action rather then a fee.

If this post is unaccetable, then once again my appologies, please have admin delete it. If you are interested or have information on how I can do this then please post, PM, or email me 2xa@earthlink.net .

eastbay
03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Congratulations! How did you win your seat?

eastbay

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! How did you win your seat?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the thread you want to look in:

Empire Tourny Masters Pwn3d by StupidSucker (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1868604&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

I was watching a big part of his run and can attest to unrelenting aggression and unrelenting won coinflips and suckouts as the order of the day, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
03-07-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was watching a big part of his run and can attest to unrelenting aggression and unrelenting won coinflips and suckouts as the order of the day, .

[/ QUOTE ]

Has a 2+2er ever won the WSOP following this recipe?

skipperbob
03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Uhh?...Fossilman?

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh?...Fossilman?

[/ QUOTE ]

stupidsucker
03-07-2005, 07:02 PM
A brief background on my tournament experiance...

I have never played in an event as large as the world series before, but I have experiance in both satelites and large tournaments. I have 100ish live tournaments under my belt, with the largest buy in sadly being the Bellagio $500+30 two times. I did not place in either of them, but won both of my seats via the daily satelites. I have placed in my fair share of tournaments, but can honestly not give an accurate record of them so my point here is moot.

Originaly I was a limit ring game player(30-60), but I moved into tournaments, and eventualy found my nitch to pay the bills in SnGs(the BR and variance for these is just too good to pass up.)

I used to regular the Orleans when I first moved to Vegas, I liked their tournaments the best. I KNOW tournament strategy, and I know how to balance it between getting ITM and/or pushing for the victory. I won my seat with aggression and stack size alone. (with a few lucky catches here and there).

How I play the wsop will be dictated on the pay out structure, and what the people whom invest in me prefer. I have heard rumors that they are going to flaten out the pay a TON this year. If this is the case I will play more for ITM then I will for the bracelete. Once in the money I am going for the win. I can not give an accurate prediction yet, because I do not know what the payout structure will be like yet. (does anyone have any solid info)

I am a smart poker player that plays the stack size for the most part. I try to pick and chose who I am willing to go in with. I may play A7o vs one opponent, but fold AQ to another soley based on position and stack size, not accounting for skill level at all.

I am not a world class poker professional. I fully admit that there are probably better people to put money on, but most of them wont be offering. Everyone that knows poker knows that the wsop is going to be full of the best of the best as well as monkey land. We also know that without a little luck winning or even placing ITM is not going to happen.

To be blunt, I can say expect to go into this as a gamble. It is the wsop for crying out loud. They are estimating what... about 8k entrants this year? I can boldy say that with the proper bankroll I would be able to make a living at big buy in poker, but one buy in is just what it is... A sample size of 1, vs a field larger then any ever in poker history. I honestly dont think you can compare my past experiance to this at all. You may as well call me a bonafide rookie when it comes to the wsop. IF i can get to the fnal table, then you can/will see results from me. I am not star struck, camera shy, intimidated easliy , or a chump at the table whatsover at all.

I give you the brutal honesty here. I am not promising anything expect the best preformance I can give. I want the people who buy pieces of me to live vicariously through me for the thrill more then thinking they are going to get rich. You can also expect a full trip report, and possibly we can rent a place in vegas for the week and all enjoy the moment.

I am willing to accept advice from anyone that I feel is worthy to give it. I wont be the only 2+2 face there, but I will represent us all well. Especialy those that post here.

Oh one more thing.... I am using the money to move up to the 109 SnGs. It wont be friviously spent on anything.

Thats about all I have to say atm, but I will answer any questions and entertain ideas.

SuitedSixes
03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhh?...Fossilman?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh?...Sarcasm?

byronkincaid
03-07-2005, 08:21 PM
If you win say 5 million how much roughly would you have to pay in taxes? I believe they take the tax out of your win there and then don't they? I'm from the UK so I don't know about these things.

mackthefork
03-07-2005, 08:23 PM
You should speak to PM, every time I read something that guy writes I think damn he really knows his stuff, its just a matter of time before he hits something big in my opinion.

Mack

PS Good luck.

byronkincaid
03-07-2005, 08:31 PM
PM's a fish who called my all in with 82o in a live sng. Can't imagine how he managed to qualify for 4 EPT's when he only played 5 sats. Just luck i guess /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mackthefork
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Haha damn 82o really, pot odds? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Mack

David100
03-07-2005, 09:29 PM
remember dutch boyd doing this a while ago, selling off his stack. He busted 30th out of the money. Seems a very risky investment.

I wish u the best of luck btw /images/graemlins/smile.gif keep up the agressivness /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Prove me wrong and win that bracelet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

stupidsucker
03-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Im not good enough to play 82o post flop, so I will be mucking that one.

Thanks to everyone that has emailed/pmed me with support. I am in the middle of a lot of things right now, and once everything is finalized you will hear from me.

DonButtons
03-08-2005, 02:39 AM
pm me, i might be interested in small piece

stupidsucker
03-08-2005, 02:40 AM
Here was the key hand of luck that cast me into destiny.

10k on the line and I have no fear, or was I just stupid?

***** Hand History for Game 1696163671 *****
NL Hold'em Trny:10154953 Level:13 Blinds (750/1500) - Sunday, March 06, 19:19:54 EDT 2005
Table Tournament Masters Final Table(263799) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 1: Seat11 ( $40174 )
Seat 3: soco3 ( $60826 )
Trny:10154953 Level:13
Blinds (750/1500)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Seat11 [ 6c Qs ]
soco3 raises [4250].
Seat11 calls [3500].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 5c, 4d ]
Seat11 checks.
soco3 bets [15000].
Seat11 is all-In.
soco3 calls [20174].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6h ]
soco3 shows [ 7c, 7h ] a full house, Sixes full of sevens.
Seat11 shows [ 6c, Qs ] four of a kind, sixes.
Seat11 wins 80348 chips from the main pot with four of a kind, sixes.
holy XXXX
omfg\

There is no way in hell I can put him on that hand. I thought for sure he had overs or at best an over pair, which would be torture to call with on that board.

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 02:45 AM
You made Lorinda proud.

Good job, you literally displayed every technique mentioned on this board on your way to victory (and I'm not kidding!).

You even rivered the quad sixes. Man, I couldn't have written a better script for your tourney if I wanted to.

Yugoslav

BigHobo
03-08-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh one more thing.... I am using the money to move up to the 109 SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that I don't need you making my life difficult on the 109's, I certainly can't contribute to this endeavor. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously, congratulations on the seat and good luck in the WSOP.

AA suited
03-08-2005, 03:15 AM
treat the wsop as a 5+1... all in EVERY hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

you only need to double up 14 times (if 8000 players) to win the whole thing

of course if u do win using this strat, yell out '5+1' at the final hand, then dont explain it. the mystery will get you more air time to stretch your 15 min of fame.

hm.. replace "brown trout" with "5+1" ?

raptor517
03-08-2005, 03:27 AM
post pushing K10 into JJ when it got down to 3 handed. i really liked that one /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

stupidsucker
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
post pushing K10 into JJ when it got down to 3 handed. i really liked that one /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

[/ QUOTE ]

***** Hand History for Game 1696104326 *****
NL Hold'em Trny:10154953 Level:12 Blinds (500/1000) - Sunday, March 06, 19:08:54 EDT 2005
Table Tournament Masters Final Table(263799) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 1: Seat11 ( $53867 )
Seat 3: soco3 ( $32626 )
Seat 6: Bebop86 ( $14507 )
Trny:10154953 Level:12
Blinds (500/1000)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Seat11 [ Kd Ts ]
There will be a break in 1 minute(s)
TheYugoslav: plus ur stack gives u the edge
Bebop86 raises [2750].
Seat11 is all-In.
soco3 folds.
Bebop86 is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, 4c, Kh ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Td ]
Bebop86 shows [ Jc, Js ] a pair of jacks.
Seat11 shows [ Kd, Ts ] two pairs, kings and tens.
Bebop86: sigh
Player Bebop86 finished in 3 place
Seat11 wins 39360 chips from side pot #1 with two pairs, kings and tens.
Seat11 wins 30014 chips from the main pot with two pairs, kings and tens.
yikes
snaps
Bebop86 has left the table.

I cant say with boldness that this push was good, but I didnt think I was too far behind a lot of the cards he could raise with here, and would need a fairly premium to call with. I caught the lucky K. had I lost it was basically a three way chip count tie. Winning the hand put me in great position for 1st, so I took my chances.

unfrgvn
03-08-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm not an expert on this, and you may have gotten all the backers you want/need at this point, but I for one would be more interested in this if some small piece of your on-line action was included. I just don't know whats fair to you and to the backers. Just an idea.

Edited: If this is the stupidest thing ever posted, please be kind.

stupidsucker
03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I cant give a piece of my online action and the wsop too under these circumstances, but If someone offered me a win/win situation for me no strings attached then I would take it.

Currently I have a few offers on the table for backers for my regualar game IF and only IF I need it. Things have perked up for me recently, but I have learned that anything can happen, and when it does, its always at the wrong time.

Currently I am playing 40% ITM poker at the 30s and I feel I could do at least 35% at the 100s. My roi has suffered recently, but on average I expect 20-25% roi at the 30s. I could only guess my roi would be at the very least 12% at the 100s.

Since you asked, I'll lay it out for you. Based on a 12% roi at the 100s and a 20% roi at the 30s, my $/tourney would be almost double. Some of you might think that playing on someone else money is less stressful, but for me it would bring an added stress because my reputation would be at stake, and that is invaluable to me.

If someone offered to back me for the 100s(I have no interest in the 200s atm.) I would be willing to set up a contract based on 2k-10k games or something of that nature. At the end of every 1k games the money is paid out. I could not pay more then 30% of my net profits. At the end of the contract renegotions would take place if either side wants to continue. If the contract ends, then the money is returned and nothing more is owed from either side. In the event that money is lost and not gained then the backer takes full responsibility.

I wont pull any punches, a contract of this nature is pretty big in my eyes, and I would certainly be willing to give someone a free piece of my wsop action(maybe 10%) if such a contract existed. If this sounds absurd to anyone then so be it, Im not asking for it, simply stating that it would need to be at least this good for me to even consider it. I would not however be willing to give a piece of my online action for someone that invested a small amount in my wsop, it just wouldnt make sense to me.

dlk9s
03-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Please forgive me if I am being totally ignorant here, but if you have a free seat for the WSOP, why do you need to sell pieces of yourself? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please forgive me if I am being totally ignorant here, but if you have a free seat for the WSOP, why do you need to sell pieces of yourself? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs immediate cash -- in part to step up to the $109s.

He can't sell his seat outright so selling pieces is one of his only other options.

Also, it's a very cool opportunity and I'd imagine StupidSucker wants to participate but also realizes the immediate impact on his life 5k would have.

Yugoslav
This sort of 'selling pieces' is not uncommon by any means in high variance events (the WSOP being the highest one can find).

dlk9s
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He needs immediate cash -- in part to step up to the $109s.

He can't sell his seat outright so selling pieces is one of his only other options.

Also, it's a very cool opportunity and I'd imagine StupidSucker wants to participate but also realizes the immediate impact on his life 5k would have.

Yugoslav
This sort of 'selling pieces' is not uncommon by any means in high variance events (the WSOP being the highest one can find).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...I get it now. I understand selling pieces of yourself if you don't have the entry fee - I just didn't get it when he had the seat for free already. Current cash need is a good reason.

Thanks for the explanation, Peja.

stupidsucker
03-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Yugo pretty much hit the nail on the head.

A secondary reason is just to give people the chance to experiance the wsop vicariously through me. I feel I owe it to 2+2 for helping me become the player that I am today. The majority of 2+2ers wont be paticipating, but id gather that everyone of you would if you could. This gives everyone who wants a "horse" to root for.

I had a couple of people that mentioned wanted a big piece, but for the most part Its all just small pieces. None of my big pieces are finalized(nor are the small ones). This is more on par with an office Superbowl pool then it is any kind of serious investment. I am strongly encouraging those that take part to enter into it with that kind of mindset.

Feel free to semi-spam this post with any question or comment you may have. I would like to keep it on top. If anyone is bothered by it then let me know if it gets out of hand. At this time, I dont think anyone can complain.

Daliman
03-08-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll buy yer pinkie toe, and I'm offering $32.50.

$33 if it has shimmering ruby nail polish on it.

ZebraAss
03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Does that offer apply to anyone?

...I have two if you are interested.

The Yugoslavian
03-08-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll buy yer pinkie toe, and I'm offering $32.50.

$33 if it has shimmering ruby nail polish on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me, there are ways Dali. You don't want to know about it, believe me...

Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o' clock this afternoon ... with nail polish.

Yugoslav

stupidsucker
03-08-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me, there are ways Dali. You don't want to know about it, believe me...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

stupidsucker
03-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Look for a form letter soon to all those that contacted me.

As it turns out this is working out well. Most everyone that has contacted me is interested in $100-$200 blocks, and I am very comfortable with that.

I have to find out some particulars still, and I cant promise fast action. I am in the middle of a move as I have started before. Right now I am in the bay in my new place, and I dont even have a desk for my computer yet. I have a few more trips back and forth to Vegas, and my sister is comming for vacation. Empire wont give me any details either. That new "VIP" customer support is bogus IMO. I have sent 2-3 emails and havent jack for answers.

Keep looking here for updates as well. I will try to keep this post alive until at least after the weekend.