PDA

View Full Version : AJo UTG

blackaces13
03-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (16.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Change my A /images/graemlins/spade.gif to the A /images/graemlins/club.gif, can I fold the turn here? I seem to get sucked into a lot of hands with AJo and I'm beginning to hate playing it.

GrunchCan
03-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll just call the SB's flop bet, then raise the turn.

Bodhi
03-07-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to get sucked into a lot of hands with AJo and I'm beginning to hate playing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, AJo is mediocre utg. Unless you can limit the field to 3 players by raising, limp in and see what develops.

Raise the turn. You have TPTK and the nut flush draw. Semi-bluffing makes a lot of sense here. You can knock out UTG+1 and MP2.

GrunchCan
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, AJo is mediocre utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to disagree. AJo is one of my favorite hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn. You have TPTK and the nut flush draw. Semi-bluffing makes a lot of sense here. You can knock out UTG+1 and MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a raise to semi-bluff - its a raise to protect.

LoaferGee12
03-07-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, AJo is mediocre utg. Unless you can limit the field to 3 players by raising, limp in and see what develops.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo has enough equity to raise from any position.

Bodhi
03-07-2005, 05:48 PM
What you say is contradictory to SSHE and HFAP. Reccomendations of the former are to limp in UTG with AJo. You can sometimes raise with AJo UTG to vary your play, but there's no reason to raise with a group 4 hand every time UTG (at least not at the microlimits where your raise will rarely limit the field).

GrunchCan
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What you say is contradictory to SSHE and HFAP. Reccomendations of the former are to limp in UTG with AJo. You can sometimes raise with AJo UTG to vary your play, but there's no reason to raise with a group 4 hand every time UTG (at least not at the microlimits where your raise will rarely limit the field).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have my SSH handy, but I suspect that you are referring to the tight standards. You should be looking at the loose standards for party .5/1.

AJo is much better than the hands your average opponents are playing with in .5/1. That's why it's raised PF.

tiltaholic
03-07-2005, 06:06 PM
The question of whether or not to limp or raise AJo UTG at microlimits is often discussed.

For me, for me when dealt in EP AJo is profitable (not ginormously profitable, but profitable) and has a win percentage of 52%. That is a good enough reason for me to raise it. (I have raised it 90% of the time, over almost 50k hands) My overall win percentage with AJo is less than 44% (including EP postions and blinds).

Deviations from SSHE are allowed. The text explicits states that recommendations were made with simplicity in mind, not necessarily complete precision. HEFAP is known to contain advice which is not applicable to loose microlimit games.

Just food for thought.

-t

Bodhi
03-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes, I think .5/1 is loose, but the tight standards are for when there's 5 or fewer player on average, which is very typical, even at some fishy tables.

Maybe I'm just too tight?

blackaces13
03-09-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have my SSH handy, but I suspect that you are referring to the tight standards. You should be looking at the loose standards for party .5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you go by the book definitions. Not even Party has 6-8 to a flop, not even close. Party .5/1 does NOT fit the loose games standard as written, basically only certain live games do.

blackaces13
03-09-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Waht do you think SB has here? He seems to really like his hand so exactly what am I protecting by knocking players out with my nut flush draw?

SCfuji
03-09-2005, 06:45 AM
i like this line mmmmkay. when the flop better is immediately to your right use him to get rid of the other players on 4th street mmmmmkay. even if you do have the 2nd best hand you improve your chances of winning by eliminating those 4 players or whatever acting after you mmmkay.

ClaytonN
03-09-2005, 09:36 AM
What kinda hands is SB gonna call 3-cold with preflop?

Something tells me SB has a set here.

I like the line though