PDA

View Full Version : please comment on this hand - thanks!

meshuggah
03-07-2005, 04:02 PM
1) please provide any comments on my play of hand in general...and specifically...2) i checked the turn for 2 reasons: first, admittedly, the Q scared me a LITTLE and I was timid of a check-raise if I bet (but I would of course have called if that happened) but second, I also checked to disguise my hand a little to gain a crying call on the river (which is what happened). good strategy on turn - or weak/bad strategy on turn (i.e bet turn)??thanks in advance for any comments.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (11.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Jc 8h (one pair, jacks).
Hero has Jh As (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.50 BB. </font>

Messy Harry
03-07-2005, 04:04 PM
You should have bet out on the turn.

And don't put the results at the bottom of future posts - you'll get unbiased comments that way.

JSHamm
03-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I think since you said you would have called a raise anyway you should have led out on the turn. The villain's flop raises would be more scary to me possibly indicating a set but since you were running with it I'd definitely bet the turn. You'd get called anyway just from the flop action so getting fancy wouldn't accomplish much I think.