PDA

View Full Version : NL$400 AK question..first post

superbrawl
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
First off..new to the board..thanx for all your help.

I am button. MP raised 5xBB, I flat call. Flop is KJx rainbow.

Raiser bets pot.....i raise same...player folds.

In this situation I am concerned I did not extract enough $$$. The two scenarios that concerned me were AA and JJ.

One other situation.
Again AK from late position. MP raised 3xBB, I reraise minimum, player calls. I miss flop, player checks and I bet 70% of pot. Thoughts?

KaneKungFu123
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off..new to the board..thanx for all your help.

I am button. MP raised 5xBB, I flat call. Flop is KJx rainbow.

Raiser bets pot.....i raise same...player folds.

In this situation I am concerned I did not extract enough $$$. The two scenarios that concerned me were AA and JJ.

One other situation.
Again AK from late position. MP raised 3xBB, I reraise minimum, player calls. I miss flop, player checks and I bet 70% of pot. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

bigger raise in second hand. Make it 10XBB.

theben
03-07-2005, 03:33 PM
With no info on the player in hand 1, i would make a good reraise. i dont want him taking a gutshow with something like an AQ and leading with it and then beating me. playing back would help me find out where i stand. if i dont take the betting lead, me might continue with the lead and bet even stronger on the next street, forcing me to fold a winner. if i reraise and get called, i'll just proceed with caution in the first flop. and if i reraise and he moves in, im going to have to fold. calling is something you could do, but its pretty passive and i dont like it. calling is a good option if your opponent only bets his hands and isnt super aggressive. then you can let him bluff small amounts of money over to you if you are ahead, or if you are behind you'll lose less. if hes real aggressive and liable to move in on the turn or make a huge bet, you need to take the lead from him

in the second case, i would either call or reraise to 8-9xtotal. if he checks to me on the flop, i would about about the pot and then slow way way down if called.

Cornell Fiji
03-07-2005, 03:33 PM
When you make a hand post please include the following things:

Relevant reads. (or just 'no reads')
Relevant stack sizes.

Also, it is easier to read the hand if you write it out something like:

Hero has A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button.
MP raises to 20, all fold to hero who calls, blinds fold.

Flop ($43...) ...
yada, yada...

SpaceAce
03-07-2005, 03:36 PM
First hand: I wouldn't be too sad about not winning a bigger pot. You have one pair and not much of a draw.

Second hand: If you're going to raise, make the raise more substantial.

SpaceAce