PDA

View Full Version : $200 PL Question - How badly did i play this??

Ricardido
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Pretty normal game of 200 PL most players in the game tight passive- easily bluffed off pots. No read on Villain who is on the BB. Im UTG, can you comment on my preflop play - is the pot bet too much??? Im getting the feeling i should have bet smaller on the flop hopefully enticing a call- even though i doubt he would call with AQ or JQ i dont like it when there are straight or flush possibilities. Please dont give me a hard time- my first post.. i think i just got carried away hoping for a call- i put him on aces.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($209.7)
SB ($66.05)
BB ($213.15)
Hero ($198.6)
MP ($200)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $1. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $69</font>, Button folds, BB calls $49.

Flop: ($147) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks,Hero goes All in for 130$ ish, BB folds.

Final Pot: $147

He did in fact say he had QQ which didnt suprise me that much, but hey i got 70$ from it right? Comment.

Kaz The Original
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I would have just called his preflop raise, and got almost nothing : ) I rarely 3 bet in no limit.

theben
03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
i would have raised preflop and then reraised if i got raised. i might have limped in with the goal of reraising, you can try that sometimes. when i got reraised, i would have reraised the maximum. but you definetly need to put in the 3rd reraise. on the flop, you definetly need to make a very large bet in case he held something like AcKc, or was a sucker playing an AcQc. the pot is big on the flop, so just play your hand on the flop. in fact, this is partypoker PL200. dont put anything past your opponent. those PP players...he might have any odd combo of face cards. do not give a free card, the pot is big. bet the max and hope all the money gets in on the flop.

Cornell Fiji
03-07-2005, 03:30 PM
With the pf action the most likely holdings for the villain are AA/QQ. It is possible that he would call the 3rd bet with JJ/AK but those are less likely holdings.

On this flop most party players will go broke with AA/AK and will fold QQ/JJ no matter how much you bet. Your play here is pretty standard and you got the most you could out of this hand (a club would kill the action and an Ace has to scare you.)

Also many party players will see a pot bet here as weak and will call you with a marginal holding like QQ where they might fold if you bet less. (Either way betting less wouldnt make any sense given the pf action) Nice hand.

-Steve