PDA

View Full Version : Do you think cell phones are bad for you?

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 02:39 PM

peachy
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
i couldnt live without mine...ill turn around and drive back an hr for it if i had too...i never forget it though b/c its pratically attached to me

they cant hurt u any worse than anything else they say is bad for u!!

beerbandit
03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
probably --- mainly when dumbass people are talking on them while driving in the city and parking lots

highway isnt to bad, i never like to talk on mine while driving though

i guess if they have a headset it isnt as bad either

cheers

2planka
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
They are bad for me because if I forget to turn mine off my wife can track me down when I'm out and don't want to be bothered but as far as radiation goes there shouldn't be anything to worry about and I'd be more concerned about leakage radiation from my tv or crt monitor or from radiation exposure on long airplane flights than from my cell phone except that sometimes my cell phone causes me to babble on in long disjointed sentences that I speak too loudly and everyone around me can hear which is not nice and not being nice is bad for you so in a way they are bad for you I guess.

ChoicestHops
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Probably, there are some studies showing that it can cause brain tumors. Im sure we have alot of technology today that we won't fully realize the problems of until later down the road.

Shajen
03-07-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are bad for me because if I forget to turn mine off my wife can track me down when I'm out and don't want to be bothered but as far as radiation goes there shouldn't be anything to worry about and I'd be more concerned about leakage radiation from my tv or crt monitor or from radiation exposure on long airplane flights than from my cell phone except that sometimes my cell phone causes me to babble on in long disjointed sentences that I speak too loudly and everyone around me can hear which is not nice and not being nice is bad for you so in a way they are bad for you I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally envisioned the Micromachine guy saying this. Funny that way.

SomethingClever
03-07-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably, there are some studies showing that it can cause brain tumors. Im sure we have alot of technology today that we won't fully realize the problems of until later down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I was reading an article about this. It was talking about DNA damage, not necessarily tumors.

But this was in mice. I have to think our skulls offer a little more protection than a mouse's skull.

IsaacW
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have a source for this? Radio waves are non-ionizing radiation: they cause damage by heating, not by mutating. A fever heats your brain more than a cell phone does. Hell, rough sex probably heats your brain more than a cell phone does.