PDA

View Full Version : Ed Miller's got it right...

TommyO
03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Let's get one thing straight. I love poker. I've been playing online for the past 6 months or so and have made a fair amount of money. But this weekend I just couldn't take it anymore and I cashed out.

After an unusually brutal session I realized it just wasn't having fun any more. Not even when I was winning. At some point it became more about BB/100 and trying to prove to myself I could play at the level of the so-called "experts".

The thing is, I don't need the money. I sit in front of a computer all day at work and going home and sitting there playing poker is turning me into glassy eyed tub of goo with a sore back and aching wrists.

But now when I look at a Party Poker screen and watch all the vile, immature chat scroll by as a total idiots drag pot after pot after cold calling a pre-flop raise with 95o I think about what Ed Miller said.

Online poker makes me want to puke...

JinX11
03-07-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But now when I look at a Party Poker screen and watch all the...idiots drag pot after pot after cold calling a pre-flop raise with 95o...

Online poker makes me want to puke...

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. These things never happen in B&M. Happy trails.

PotatoStew
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
What's with the recent fad of including Ed Miller's name in post titles? Is it my imagination or has that been happening on a regular basis lately?

axioma
03-07-2005, 03:04 PM
most people round here have an unhealthy obsession with him.

jtr
03-07-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But now when I look at a Party Poker screen and watch all the vile, immature chat scroll by as a total idiots drag pot after pot after cold calling a pre-flop raise with 95o...

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn off chat.

Raise the turn.

flair1239
03-07-2005, 05:20 PM
see ya next weekend.

TommyO
03-07-2005, 05:58 PM
LOL, you're probably right.

Messy Harry
03-07-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sitting there playing poker is turning me into glassy eyed tub of goo

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MicroBob
03-07-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
most people round here have an unhealthy obsession with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller. Ed Miller.

axioma
03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
^^ case in point. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DMBFan23
03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's with the recent fad of including Ed Miller's name in post titles? Is it my imagination or has that been happening on a regular basis lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see a query run on the number of views and responses for posts with his name in the title versus without. I bet your view count is higher if you include Ed Miller in the title.

sinfulslick18
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
i wonder how many people only viewed this post bc it had ed miller in the title..compared to...you got it right my friend.

-sinful

PotatoStew
03-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Probably true. I think I will include his name in all of my post titles from now on. Keep an eye out for the forthcoming "Would Ed Miller have folded this on the turn?", "Ed Miller couldn't have played this QJs from the CO any better" and "If Ed Miller played himself heads up, would Ed Miller have 3-bet Ed Miller on this flop Ed Miller Ed Miller?"

jtr
03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I want to be Ed Miller at the table, and Henry Miller away from it.

Ed Miller
03-08-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wonder how many people only viewed this post bc it had ed miller in the title..compared to...you got it right my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TommyO
03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Sorry Ed, I'll never use your name in a post again. I didn't realize it would send everyone off the deep end. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TimM
03-08-2005, 03:09 PM
It's even finding it's way into Party Poker chat...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 <font color="#A500AF">(Player1)</font> raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(Player2)</font> calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Player2 checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Player1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Player2 raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, Player1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Player2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Player1 calls, Player2 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Player2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Player1 calls, Player2 calls.

Results:
Player2 has 9s 7s (three of a kind, sevens).
UTG+1 has Kd 9d (one pair, sevens).
Player1 has Qs Qc (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: Player2 wins 13.25 BB.

Player1: this guy thinks he's ed miller
Me: who is ed miller?
Player1: Player2 knows
Player1: and he knows that it was a stupid raise

SenecaJim
03-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Ok. Is it an obsession if I always find myself asking myself " What would Ed Miller do? "

Would Ed Miller wait for the red light or run the yellow, etc. etc. AND why is this unhealthy?

BusterStacks
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
playing poker is turning me into glassy eyed tub of goo

[/ QUOTE ]

That is absurd! oh wait...

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/tournamentgallery/wsop/greg-raymer.jpg

TommyO
03-08-2005, 05:13 PM
LMAO!!! You have no idea how close to home that visual hits. Thanks for the laugh.