PDA

View Full Version : 1st hand post....JJ overpair vs. coordinated flop & tight opponent

nmadd
03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm a new player with about 10k hands at this limit under my belt. Is this hand even worth posting or was this easy?

I only had 22 hands on MP2 at the time (11%VPIP/7.4%PFR) I thought about my flop action for a couple of seconds because this is the only guy at the table who isn't in 50% of the pots.
BB is in 64% and loves to go to the river (He shows down something interesting.)

How did this newbie do? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Tear me apart, I want to learn.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (12.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

iluzion
03-07-2005, 01:55 PM
im not 3-betting the flop, and that turn card is basically saying "if you wernt crushed on the flop, your crushed now". 3-bet preflop and a 3-bet flop i am putting atleast one of the two on QQ KK AA AK or maybe AQs/AJs. i think folding the flop might be the best move, but surely im check/folding that turn card.

Entity
03-07-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im not 3-betting the flop, and that turn card is basically saying "if you wernt crushed on the flop, your crushed now". 3-bet preflop and a 3-bet flop i am putting atleast one of the two on QQ KK AA AK or maybe AQs/AJs. i think folding the flop might be the best move, but surely im check/folding that turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a gutshot and an overpair, folding the flop or the turn is TERRIBLE.

I like your turn bet, and I think you have a value bet on the river against BB once MP2 folds. I would check behind if MP2 called, though. I can't figure out WTF he had here -- it isn't KQ, it isn't JJ (if he plays well), so I think you may have pushed him off of QQ, though he should've capped with that preflop.

Rob

zuluking
03-07-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak.

nmadd
03-07-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Results below if you care to see:
<font color="white">
nmadd shows [ Js, Jc ] a pair of jacks.
BB doesn't show [ 2d, 5d ] high card ace.
nmadd wins $14 from the main pot with a pair of jacks. </font>

ktg2469
03-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Follow this person wherever he/she goes. You've made a new friend.

GrunchCan
03-07-2005, 04:53 PM
KJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Entity
03-07-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should still call the turn.

Rob

GrunchCan
03-07-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should still call the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, you're right. Nothing makes sense here. The only logical conclusion that I can see is either he saw a steal opportinity PF, or MP2 isn't as good as we've presumed.

waynethetrain
03-07-2005, 05:18 PM
With MP+2 showing aggression on the flop after raising pre-flop, I'd have to think he has either a bigger pair or a high 4 spade draw. I don't think I would have re-raised the flop.

His turn check would have confused me. Maybe he had KK, QQ, or KQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif???? I'm not sure I would have bet. It's close.

In the end, I think it is more likely you were beat and drove the winning hand out with your aggression. I'm not sure if that was right or wrong. I guess it depends on the player and the probability of getting him to fold the winning hand. I like the value bet on the river.

rafct
03-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a question about this hand.. What about coldcalling the flop bets ? Idea raising a safe turn card? Maybe the position is not proper to do a play like this?
Thanks

GrunchCan
03-07-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about this hand.. What about coldcalling the flop bets ? Idea raising a safe turn card? Maybe the position is not proper to do a play like this?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I like this line.