PDA

View Full Version : Marquette IA report

pretender2k
03-07-2005, 01:24 PM
We opened two tables on March 1st. They are presently located out in the regular pit, which makes them noisy right now. We plan to have a six table room sometime in May.

Generally speaking we have been running a 2/4 and a 3/6 game, although Saturday night and Sunday, we did have a 4/8 game. From the looks of it we will be running limit hold'em almost exclusively until we get the room open because we have enough demand for hold'em, although there has been talk of an Omaha game once a week so that is possible.

As for the games, can you just say loose. A lot of new players and action junkies. I dealt a 3/6 game one night and didn't see less than 5 players in the pot on the flop for hours. Raises and straddles do not get them out. I normally play .5/1 online and cannot find games this loose on Party. Prepare to be rivered all the time. Big pairs rarely hold up.

A couple of examples: I saw four guys cap preflop blind and the one that won the hand never looked at his cards until the showdow. Ten high str8 on the board and he had the jack. I also saw one hand with four hearts on the board. Two players were left the winner bets the river and gets raised by the other guy. The winner shows two pair to beat top pair and neither had a heart.

Prepare to see alot of small unsuited one and two gappers making straights on the river.

Ii is almost unbeleivable.

We have had waiting lists almost all the time but it doesn't seem to be too long a wait to get on except maybe from 6pm to 8 pm on weekdays and 3pm to 9pm on week ends.

Any questions PM me.

Milky
03-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you should stop dealing and start playing there /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pretender2k
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Starting to think that myself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif