PDA

View Full Version : Who saw the Kenny Mayne sportscenter bit on Redsox vs. Yankees?

pshreck
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
The bit was hilarious.

I won't try to summarize the whole thing, but there is a part where Kenny is interviewing a Yankees fan, who is a little 3 year old boy, and the boy says something like "I just want a championship in my life time", and it cuts back to Kenny Mayne with tears streaming down his cheek. Classic.
You should watch it, it will be running a few times today on sportscenter.

ilikebigbets
03-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Yes I watched it and I can't remember another one of those that was so funny, best piece I've ever seen on sportscenter. It was hilarious. Kenny Mayne has found a new place in my heart.

Number4
03-07-2005, 01:20 PM
It was good - I think my favorite was when he was talking to one of the Yankees (can;t remember) and talking about all the "annoying" things that people from Boston do. And the guy goes - "I'm from Boston." That piece was awesome.

kipin
03-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I was watching this and was amazed at how funny it was. Reminded me of a Daily Show segment.

Watch it if you get the chance.

Screwtape
03-07-2005, 01:54 PM
It may be funny but when did sportscenter become the daily show

pshreck
03-07-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It may be funny but when did sportscenter become the daily show

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really like sportscenter that much anymore, buy kudos to them for calling out how dumb it is to be all hyped up about a preseason game. The bit didnt mock the sport or the players, but the dumb fans that are a little over obsessed.

Voltron87
03-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I liked when they asked Reggie Jackson "When will you call the Red Sox a dynasty?" and he just pauses for a good 6-7 seconds and just goes "Dynasty?...".

The kids were hilarious. There's a cool article in the NY Times Sports section about how the Yankees locker room is laid out. Worth reading.