PDA

View Full Version : Hand Analysis

Joe Boever
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
My reads on the players are:
Button is very Loose-Aggressive. He's raising pre-flop any time he has position and a face card in his hand
BB is a calling station

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.
&gt;&gt;Comments: Button (LAG) has raised the last 4 times he's had the button. I 3-bet here to try to isolate and get heads up with him.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button folds.
&gt;&gt; Comments: This flop is horrible for me. Anyone who flopped a pair has me killed and anyone with a spade draw and overcards is a slight favorite. And I'm out of position. Since I've shown great strength preflop I bet. Station calls me. Has he picked up a pair? Or is he holding 2 spades, or an 89 or a 45 (not likely since I have a 5).

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.
&gt;&gt; Comments: If he had a pair, I just got really lucky. Of course I bet here. If he picked up a straight or flush then he'd raise. He just called so I put him on a weak ace that he's not willing to lay down

River: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.
&gt;&gt; Comments: Wonderful, there's now 4 spades on the board. Bet or check here? My thinking is if I check I give him a chance to bluff at me. If I bet maybe he folds a small spade. Since he's a calling station I probably should have check/called, since there's no way he's laying down a spade. I bet, and get raised. What's your move? I call because the pot is large, hoping he has 2 pair or is bluffing.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

iluzion
03-07-2005, 12:47 PM
River bet looks good, Clark's theorum says to do that, am i write on the name of that?

I fold to the raise, your beat, save a bet.

MHarris
03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't think value-betting could ever be a mistake here since BB will call with a bunch of worse hands, presumably. Calling the raise....well, the pot is big, and I'd think you're good 1 in 10 here.

Against a more aggressive player who may bet a worse hand, checking with the intention of calling has many advantages: it may induce a bluff, it may get him to bet a hand he wouldn't have called with, it saves a bet when he is very strong, and it eliminates the possibility of you getting bluff-raised.

Also, you'll get more (and better) responses to 6-max hands in the HU/SH forum.

jnh24
03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
What is Clarks Theorem?

mmbt0ne
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Very nice hand.

Clark Theorem states that if you're heads up, out of position, and a 4 flush hits on the river (and you don't have a flush), bet it and fold to a raise.

bottomset
03-07-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice hand.

Clark Theorem states that if you're heads up, out of position, and a 4 flush hits on the river (and you don't have a flush), bet it and fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you folded it was a nice hand, calling stations don't raise much, you are sunk on this river ~95% of the time, if not more ..

mmbt0ne
03-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Well, yeah. You definitely shouldn't call the river raise. I was talking about up to that point. My bad.

Thigh
03-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I would have checked the river. My reasoning is that he has a 25% chance he's holding one spade. I don't know about Clark's theorum...don't even know where its at.

Maybe I'm not aggressive enough.

tiltaholic
03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
link to thread with link to thread. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=791113&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp;o =&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1)

ErrantNight
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
unless he's capable of bluff raising a 4 flush river you can lay this down to his river raise.

Shillx
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I like every street.

Brad

toss
03-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Even the river call?

Shillx
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even the river call?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to pay off this raise against a default player. But you also have to bet because so many worse hands will call.

Brad

toss
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I would think a calling station would be the type of player to draw to a runner runner flush and raise you on the river. Had the aggressive player have raised here I would more likely to call, but this is a calling station. His raise has to mean something after he's been calling all the way right? Unless I think he's the type who would raise something like two pair on a 4-flush board, I would fold

Joe Boever
03-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks to all for the comments / analysis.