PDA

View Full Version : Another early SNG hand

flytrap
03-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Party poker 50+5. I have JJ in the bb and 1250 in chips. Blinds are 15/30. 5 limpers, including the sb. I make is 150 to go, mp and co call. I have them both just barely covered. Pot is 500. Flop is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet 350, MP raises to 700, CO calls. Push or fold? And should I have bet more or went all-in on the flop?

flytrap
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
anyone?

Slim Pickens
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
This might be buy-in dependent, but...

What hands are MP and CO going to limp with, and then call a raise? I'm guessing immediately that they're both holding Tx, a lower PP, or two overcards. I'm assuming people at the 50's don't play garbage like 24suited to a big raise as they would at the 10's. A lower PP is also a possibility, but I'd be surprised if you pushed and didn't either win the pot right there or get called by MP's 5's and CO's AT. Just my guess...

Slim

C M Burns
03-08-2005, 04:21 AM
This is a tough spot, after reading the Harrington book my guess would he would play it the same way and call (with the intention of getting allin by the end) or push here (or at least recomend that) an overpair is very unlikey, so the only plausible thing to fear is TT, which is very posible. But AT kt or a flush draw or med pair are posible to. He seems to argue that you just do not have time to wait for the ideal spot and do not want to get pushed around, when you get a spot you think you have a decent chance of being ahead you need to go with it and as i am getting back into sng's I would tend to agree.

Scuba Chuck
03-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Based on the way you bet this hand, I would have bet more on the flop. I'm assuming you're up against a draw, or full house, Tens over 2s. If someone has stayed in with a lone two, that's a mistake on their part, which is how you make money in the long run from poker.

gh9801
03-08-2005, 04:30 AM
The only hand you're afraid of is TT. I think I'd fold though, because two people both seem to have something, and there are lots of cards that can hurt you even if you're ahead.

Elem100
03-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Well, I guess im the minority here - at $50+5 here I fold quicker than you can say ding dong.

You are congruently representing an overpair to the board, and both players are using their entire stack to tell you you're beat.

MP1 must put it at least 50% that you have an overpair, a continuation bet of 3/4 of the pot into 2 players, out of position, is possible on this board - but MP raising it here is too risky for him without cards, this is not a time for him to get tricky. He probably is slow playing a big pair, either way he believes he has the best hand, and that has to beat JJ.

But CO...omg! Well, frankly, CO knows that MP1 thinks he has you beat, but CO is cold calling ( as opposed to pushing his remaining small amount in) in a desparate attempt to keep you in the pot, this dude has a monster, period. 10-10 or 2-2, nothing else. (Preflop he would have been justified in taking a flyer in best position with 2-2, unlike MP he was not in a squeeze, and is obviously going to double up if he hits).

stripsqueez
03-08-2005, 05:20 AM
i prefer check pre-flop or a raise to more - say T250+

i push when the flop action gets back to me

i play a few 50's and the chook factor is large - anybody limping/overlimping pre-flop and calling a big raise is already a chook - i dont think someone has a higher pocket pair - i'm not prepared to believe that someone has 1010 or a 2 - you will see lots of 10's, flush draws, and lower pairs - i think in the long run i have enough for this to be a winning decision

stripsqueez - chickenhawk