PDA

View Full Version : My fifth painting - penguin.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Hello haters. Here is my latest work I hope you all will keep on hating as always.

http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload0/penguin.jpg

peachy
03-07-2005, 08:46 AM
aaawwwwwwwwwwww

Skjonne
03-07-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you all will keep on hating as always.

[/ QUOTE ]Count me in

Brian
03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi SpicyF,

I actually liked some of your other paintings, especially "E", but I don't like this one much at all. Are you going through an unoriginal, cut+paste phase?

For those that don't know, that's the Linux penguin:

http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/sit3-shine.7.gif

partygirluk
03-07-2005, 08:52 AM
How long did this take you, and how did you make it?

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Well you might call it unoriginal, and yes it is the linux penguin. But this is my 5th painting and I am just trying out how things work. I am not trying to fool anyone to think that I made this penguin up, mostly everyone knows it.

The reason for this is that I find it much easier to paint something that I have a picture of. Ofcourse when I feel I can paint better I will not do "reproductions" of other work.

Brian
03-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Fair enough.

-Brian

[EDIT]: I guess I was just hoping for another E /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
The yellow/orange background I did a few days ago, it was very quick. I just made the penguin from looking at a printed copy. It took me maybe 2.5hours to make.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Don't worry, there will be more E!

MelK
03-07-2005, 09:04 AM
SpicyF is the reincarnation of Andy Warhol.

Crap reincarnated as crap. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rushmore
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Spicy, for your next painting, I suggest something without a subject. Don't paint a THING, try to paint a feeling. I saw some of that in "E," but none since. The strokes are important. For instance, in "E," there is some sort of emotion or movement in the strokes you used. There is energy there. Reproducing things, on the other hand, has no real energy. In fact, there is almost an anti-energy, in that the subject is once-removed, and weakening in a sense.

I know all of this sounds artsy-fartsy, but I can tell you're sincerely making an effort in this new endeavor.

As I said, in "E," there is something there that you created, whatever it is.

I would pursue that, if I were you.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 10:05 AM
I must say that I have created all my painting besides the penguin. And you are right I am still learning, that is why I am trying diffrent things. The E painting was indeed very emotional in some way, but I myself don't like it very much yet other think this is the best I've done sofar. Why is that?

Rushmore
03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I must say that I have created all my painting besides the penguin. And you are right I am still learning, that is why I am trying diffrent things. The E painting was indeed very emotional in some way, but I myself don't like it very much yet other think this is the best I've done sofar. Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confident the reason prefer "E" is because there is a discernible emotion attached to it.

I like Vagina too, but it's a totally different emotion at work. There is a subtle despondency or maybe sadness or something there. It seems...unhappy.

The word thing and the bird and the penguin are all more gimmicky, and, to me, less interesting.

Again, with the disclaimer: I sort of hate it when people talk about art. But we're doing it anyway, and Spicy seems to want opinions/advice, so I am suspending my policy against such talk.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 10:19 AM
The word thing is not a painting. It was just something I did to try out the paint and stuff. I would not call it a painting, and as you know I painted Happy Bird over the fucunt painting.

Comparing say penguin and E I like the penguin because it is clean. The E is total chaos. Maybe most people like more thought-provocing things like E and LOTR meets Hurricane Edna (reffered as Vagina by most!). Since you must use imagination when looking at them. Sofar I've enjoyed painting the penguin most. E was harder to paint with more emotions and I don't think I could do an E painting "on demand" as I could do with the penguin.

I don't know where I'm going with all this ranting so I'll stop.

Rushmore
03-07-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Comparing say penguin and E I like the penguin because it is clean. The E is total chaos. Maybe most people like more thought-provocing things like E and LOTR meets Hurricane Edna (reffered as Vagina by most!). Since you must use imagination when looking at them. Sofar I've enjoyed painting the penguin most. E was harder to paint with more emotions and I don't think I could do an E painting "on demand" as I could do with the penguin.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of the point. People want you to have suffered a little. As an artist (or Artist, as the case may be), you belong to your audience, whether you like it or not.

Nobody will be interested in a paint-by-numbers. People insist upon any combination of dexterity, accumen, suffering, and talent. That's why "E" gets the best response. In fact, you defined the reasons yourself when you said "total chaos," and "harder to paint with more emotions."

Do you think a lot of people go to Tower to buy recordings of chopsticks?

I'm not saying that you're breaking any fantastic new ground with your art. As you said, you're just finding your way.

But if I were you, I'd get my head around the idea that anything that's simple and done without much effort is clearly inferior to that which is produced with blood, sweat, and tears.

That said, go now, Spicy. Make us proud. Go on. <sniff, sniff>

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, go now, Spicy. Make us proud. Go on. <sniff, sniff>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying!

The Dude
03-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Brian,

It looks more like an El Diablo reproduction to me:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/t-demon.jpg

obithrawn
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Fantastic work as always. I feel it has less emotion than your previous works, but is a necessary stepping stone for you to learn to become a better artist.

thatpfunk
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
I like spicy originals much more than spicy copies.

2planka
03-07-2005, 04:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/wormtowne/screwball.jpg

gamblore99
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM
nice

Arsene Lupin III
03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Whoa.. sell this crap on ebay, it's probably worth a lot with a famous dude's face on it. http://img112.exs.cx/img112/4299/diablopeng8mk.jpg

peachy
03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa.. sell this crap on ebay, it's probably worth a lot with a famous dude's face on it. http://img112.exs.cx/img112/4299/diablopeng8mk.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

2planka
03-07-2005, 04:34 PM
GH

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 04:43 PM
You are a [censored] retard, tainting my art like this. I hope you get gangraped by some guys with huge cocks so you might understand how I feel right now.

FrankLu99
03-07-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello haters. Here is my latest work I hope you all will keep on hating as always.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok.

advice: take some art lessons

Arsene Lupin III
03-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Warning, artists are volatile individuals..

After my review of painting 2:
[ QUOTE ]
Ty Lupin, I love you.

[/ QUOTE ]

After my just desecration of painting 5:
[ QUOTE ]
You are a [censored] retard, tainting my art like this. I hope you get gangraped by some guys with huge cocks so you might understand how I feel right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep this in mind when writing future reviews of Spicy's work.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, your first reply was a kind one without altering my work, the next one you brutally raped one of my paintings.

Do you see the difference in your reviews?

Arsene Lupin III
03-07-2005, 04:55 PM
If I said that there is no difference because they are both works of parody, it would only make you angrier.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I know you are not serious with either reply. But I dont think that will hold up in court when one is on trial for rape, "it was only a parody".

What you did with the painting is not the same as writing a humorous reply.

felson
03-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I like this one.

Dominic
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
I like it. Very "pop."

Arsene Lupin III
03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What you did with the painting is not the same as writing a humorous reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I made it in photoshop and not a text box. How could I type out a picture?

DcifrThs
03-07-2005, 05:10 PM
spicy,

i have come late to this Art extravaganza and have therefore not been able to witness the progression...worse yet, i am troubled by the "painting over" of "E" that people seem to love and i haven't seen...

in general terms though, spicy, i have been told you are a fantastic poker player, and though i have seen your thought process in the posts by you that i have read, i have never seen you in action...but fantastic players seem to have a common thread in that they can do many things they set their mind to...

i think you have proven that through your approach to this "art" thing. and even though i have never seen "E", i like the reasons other posters gave for having preferred it...in that its chaotic emotionality (apparantly) is much more attractive as a viewing and interpreting pleasure than a reproductin of a picture...

so please link me to "E" and keep the art coming.

-Barron

LAGmaniac
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this one better, much more original. Good Work! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 05:21 PM
If you wanted to rape me you just could have gotten on a plane to Sweden instead.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 05:23 PM
partygirluk made this poll today, about my paintings. And I have painted them in the order displayed in that thread.

The E painting is very much not painted over, it is the first painting "fucunt" that I painted happy bird over.

CLICK HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1871785&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

razor
03-07-2005, 05:46 PM
When and what are you planning on painting over El Penguino?

Richie Rich
03-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Nice trace job. Your best painting, yet. Unfortunately, based upon the level of intricacy in your other pieces, there is no way you can convince me you were able to draw & paint this freehandedly on your own.

SpicyF
03-07-2005, 06:27 PM
I have used a new brush for this painting, it was very small, like 1 millimeter wide or maybe 1.5. I haev usually used 5-6 mm or larger brushes and have found these to be uncontrollable sofar. I very much like these small brushes.

wonderwes
03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
The linux penguin is great. I would hang it in my home. Excellent work.

ClaytonN
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Arsene Lupin is amazing.

nh.

Kailia Marie
03-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi Spicy,

I really like this one. It's cute, though I was a bigger fan of E, as I'm sure many of us are.

/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

Mars357
03-08-2005, 05:07 PM
You stole my avatar...BITCH!