PDA

View Full Version : FANTASY BASEBALL 2005

lastsamurai
03-07-2005, 07:17 AM
I'M in a 5x5 league and my draft is coming up. I have the over all 4th pick. who would be a good sleeper pick i could pick up?

callicles
03-07-2005, 10:45 AM
at 4? Maybe soriano, in the second maybe crawford.

bugstud
03-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Well, on yahoo you should be taking the remainder of bletran vlad pujols and arod, in that order in the first round. How many teams?

MicroBob
03-07-2005, 04:16 PM
agreed.

I'm not sure why exactly you would want to take a 'sleeper'.

you should probably just be going for the best remaining player. no advantage to getting cute.

in fact, if there's a "sleeper" that you're kind of liking (like a Crawford or Soriano for whatever reason) then you might be able to trade whatever 'popular' player you get (like a Pujols) for the one you want AND a decent starting pitcher.

Our draft was held last night and I went in with no strategy (16 teams).
I picked 7th...I am not a Barry Bonds fan at all but when he was still around by the time it got to me I couldn't resist but take him...he was the best of the remaining players and obviously the up-side on him is huge (if you believe, as I do, that he can hit 40-50 HR's even with the whole steroid-cloud hanging over him all season).
So....while I had no intentions of taking Bonds I thought he was the best player I could have.

Similar reasoning for grabbing Clemens later in that draft. Not a big fan....but he's still around and thus I felt I practically had no choice.