PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved KQo

twang
03-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Pacific 2/4 Limit Holdem. Just sat down, no reads.
Hero is CO with KQo

Folded to Hero. I raise. Button folds. SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 8 and 5 of clubs, 8 diamond, none of my suit.

SB bets, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J club

SB checks, BB bets, Hero folds, SB calls

River: Q diamond

SB bets, BB calls

Comments?

/twang

tbigz
03-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Fold the flop.
The BB called 2 bets cold preflop. A very high percentage of the time you're already going to be beat by at least the BB.
Even if you thought for some reason SB might be bluffing (although you had No Reads) you're probably drawing to at the very most 6 outs.

einbert
03-07-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop.
The BB called 2 bets cold preflop. A very high percentage of the time you're already going to be beat by at least the BB.
Even if you thought for some reason SB might be bluffing (although you had No Reads) you're probably drawing to at the very most 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop hero is getting 11-1, so he can be drawing dead a sizable portion of the time and still make this call profitable (he only needs an average of 4 outs to make this call correct).

I think hero played this hand perfectly. Next time don't post the action after you fold, though.

Custer
03-07-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop hero is getting 11-1, so he can be drawing dead a sizable portion of the time and still make this call profitable (he only needs an average of 4 outs to make this call correct).

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence makes no sense, as it is contradictory. Think about how often hero can be drawing dead or to 3 outs, do the math, and tell me again that can be a "sizable" portion of the time.

chief444
03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Looks OK to me. The flop call is marginal but in this situation seems fine to me.

twang
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Results: BB showed J6o, SB showed QT diamonds and won the pot. My hand would have been good -- gah. The PF-action + the board + few outs to a possibly dead hand made me fold this. I still don't know if I should have released the hand at the flop or stayed in until the river. None of them showed any real strength; BB just called the flop and SB checked the turn.

/twang