PDA

View Full Version : I'm torn, but this is bad

fimbulwinter
03-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Pokertracker can now be easily pirated; it's out on the warez scene. ugh.

fim

Onaflag
03-07-2005, 05:58 AM
The people who download it probably weren't prospective customers in the first place for the most part. Software pirating has been with us since the beginning of time and will not go away. Developers have also known this since the beginning of time which is why Pat makes us relicense every time we switch computers. Probably more of an inconvenience to him than us, but some type of scheme needs to be in place.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be funny if the pirated versions sent data back to a data farm? The unsuspecting thief would wonder why he can't seem to make any money playing poker online. hehehehe..........

Onaflag...........

housenuts
03-07-2005, 06:45 AM
before i bought PT i was looking for it on the warez scene. i can say now that i'm completely satisfied to have paid Pat the $55.

MyMindIsGoing
03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
What is the perpose of this? To inform everyone not to buy it? It has been out in the "scene" for long, very long. I don't think many serious players would even take themselfs the time to track it down considering how cheap it is.

steamboatin
03-07-2005, 09:33 AM
It would be mental not to pay those guys the $55. They are very helpful and you get updates.

Mizzles
03-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Are you guys crazy???? PT is one of the best bargains I've ever seen. Pat is amazingly responsive to e-mails, requests, etc. He should be charging in upwards of $200 for this quality software.

What's your point of making this ridiculous post???

Terry
03-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Someone should also mention that warez sites are an excellent source of viruses, trojans, keyloggers and other assorted nasty things. Sounds like a great way to “share” your poker account passwords.

sthief09
03-07-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys crazy???? PT is one of the best bargains I've ever seen. Pat is amazingly responsive to e-mails, requests, etc. He should be charging in upwards of $200 for this quality software.

What's your point of making this ridiculous post???

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. even if you just wanted to alert people about it being out there, keep it to yourself. all it'll do it give people who don't have it a good idea to go pirate it

fimbulwinter
03-09-2005, 02:34 AM
saying something is out on the warez scene helps nobody in finding how to get it. That's like me saying "you can buy drugs on the black market" and getting blamed for making people junkies.

I too paid for the full version.

fim

housenuts
03-09-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
saying something is out on the warez scene helps nobody in finding how to get it. That's like me saying "you can buy drugs on the black market" and getting blamed for making people junkies.

I too paid for the full version.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but it tells them to look for it. and it's probably not hard to find.