PDA

View Full Version : Value bet flush card river first to act?

thesharpie
03-07-2005, 05:23 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Can I bet-fold this river? I don't have any reads so I was going for a check call...

caggin
03-07-2005, 05:58 AM
I check like you, but maybe I'm being a wuss. I don't think I could bet/fold (this is a good spot for a bluff). I can't think of any hand that would call you that you beat other than maybe a weaker K. So I think check/call is the way to go. You save a bet if you're beat, maybe you can make a bet if your check induces a bluff.

Nick Royale
03-07-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I check like you, but maybe I'm being a wuss. I don't think I could bet/fold (this is a good spot for a bluff). I can't think of any hand that would call you that you beat other than maybe a weaker K. So I think check/call is the way to go. You save a bet if you're beat, maybe you can make a bet if your check induces a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet! Easy.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of any hand that would call you that you beat other than maybe a weaker K.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. Very wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
So I think check/call is the way to go. You save a bet if you're beat

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. A better hand will value bet. By checking you give your opponents a chance to value bet a better hand but you're not getting any value when you're ahead , since they'll check.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe you can make a bet if your check induces a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be correct if you reverse it.

thesharpie
03-07-2005, 07:22 AM
What do I do if I'm raised?

Nick Royale
03-07-2005, 07:28 AM
I think that will only happen rarely, but you have to call.

pointcount
03-07-2005, 07:35 AM
bet this river

Thigh
03-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Bet the river. If he comes back with a raise, you can fold or call depending on your read of the other player.

_bustedflush_
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
I play paradise .25/.5 too. Absolutely bet this. Many weaker hands will call and many flushes will not raise. If you do get raised, absent a good read, call.