PDA

View Full Version : Do some of you win every day ?

theredpill5
03-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Hey,

Some of you that play SNG's every day and that is it. Do some of you earn money nearly every day or do you have days where you finish down ? Just wondered how up and down it is. I've been playing cash games and was doing quite well but lately I've been in a rut. Not sure what is going on but my SNG game has been taking off. I'm 5 for my last 5. I know its a small sample. I just have no idea what is wrong with my cash game. I'm thinking it is a mixture of impatience and just plain bad beats.

ZebraAss
03-07-2005, 05:20 AM
anyone who has over 10 posts knows no one always wins.

theredpill5
03-07-2005, 05:24 AM
yeah but if you play 20 SNG's a day, you could possibly finish ahead every day.

What are you trying to say ?

Slim Pickens
03-07-2005, 05:25 AM
I think the best I've done is 6 consecutive winning days where I played a decent amount. I've also had 5 consecutive losing days.

Jman28
03-07-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also possibly win the lottery.

-Jman28

faquewdikhed
03-07-2005, 05:27 AM
My guess is that there would be a probability for a certain ROI player to finish +money for any given day, based on number of SNG's played per day and ROI. The higher the ROI and Higher the SNG's played, the higher the rate of winning days.

ilya
03-07-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is possible in theory, but in practice...no.

Slim Pickens
03-07-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Um... how about "NO."

lorinda
03-07-2005, 05:47 AM
I remember from the monte carlo simulations, that if you have an ROI of 20% and play 25 sngs, you'll lose just over 25% of the time.

Lori

raptor517
03-07-2005, 06:30 AM
well, its really not even possible in theory. i mean, you can toss 20 coins and they can all land on tails. whoops, theres your 50% roi not making any difference. a super solid 20% roi player in the 55s or 109s could go weeks being down. maybe even months, depending on how often he plays.

i would imagine this would be rather distressful to most people that play 2 to 4 tables. going 100 sngs being down would probably be a bummer. playing 100 sngs and being down doesnt even really phase me anymore, its a common occurance. i generally get in around 500 a week, at 15% + long term roi at the 55s 109s and the 33s i wasted a few days playing.

variation in poker sucks, but its a part of the game. i hate talking about it really, but i think people need to know. the worst downswing i had was FIFTY, 5 - 0 buyins. the longest streak i have had breaking even was 700. SEVEN HUNDRED. i would imagine a lot of posters dont even have this many sngs on record. however, even with a 700 streak of being even and a 50 buyin downswing, 15% roi remains.

regardless of how well you play, you simply cannot, and will not win every day. its a statistical impossiblilty. though it would be nice.. i think i went like 8 days in a row making money, and i made like 20 bucks one of those days, so it wasnt even big. sngs will be good to you in the long run, but regardless of how well you play, you will still lose coinflips. holla