PDA

View Full Version : Warning: bug in Paradise Poker "Crazy Pineapple"

Bad Lobster
03-07-2005, 05:04 AM
Hi all,

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to post it. It's a real-time warning of a bug I just encountered in a Paradise Poker on-line game. Can someone please pass the warning on?

The game is "Crazy Pineapple" and the bug is that your client software will fold your hand every time you play the button position. I advise everyone not to play this game until they get the bug fixed. (If you must play, sit out when you're on the button and jump all over anyone who does play the button--they're dead money.)

popniklas
03-07-2005, 11:30 AM
i have played there a lot last weeks (although not the last few days, because of the bugs) and haven't noticed that about the button when i have played, but once on the flop no options came up, so i couldnt click raise/call/fold, i just sat there yelling at the bugs while getting reminded that i had to act, or else my hand would be folded. and then it got folded. then some people told me that my seat had been malfunctioning before i sat down as well. bah.

also, another time, one player actually still had all his three hole cards after the discard on the flop. and the chat is often full of complaints like "i had a full house and got diconnected" etc. so there clearly are some bugs that need to be fixed...

jedi
03-07-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to post it. It's a real-time warning of a bug I just encountered in a Paradise Poker on-line game. Can someone please pass the warning on?

The game is "Crazy Pineapple" and the bug is that your client software will fold your hand every time you play the button position. I advise everyone not to play this game until they get the bug fixed. (If you must play, sit out when you're on the button and jump all over anyone who does play the button--they're dead money.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the dead money if they always fold on the button?

dangerous_badman
03-07-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The game is "Crazy Pineapple" and the bug is that your client software will fold your hand every time you play the button position. I advise everyone not to play this game until they get the bug fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't universal. I played a fair amount of Pineapple at Paradise up until about two days ago while I was clearing a bonus. I (infrequently) heard others in the game complain that there was some kind of lag in discarding when they had the button, but I don't think I saw anyone's hand folded, and this problem didn't affect me at all, button or not.

Guthrie
03-07-2005, 07:16 PM
This same thing happened to me at Party. No buttons and I just sat there and watched while the play continued without me. I left the table and my 22,000 chips, which were never in the pot, just vanished, and never returned to my account. Luckily it was play money, but when I notified Party they responded that they use exactly the same software for play and real money, so there's no problem. When I reminded them that this actually WAS the problem, they responded that they use a Random Number Generator to shuffle the cards, so there's no problem.

bobbyi
03-07-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
once on the flop no options came up, so i couldnt click raise/call/fold, i just sat there yelling at the bugs while getting reminded that i had to act, or else my hand would be folded. and then it got folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I used to play on Paradise five years ago and used to have that happen. They still haven't fixed their software? I emailed support about it and they said that it was because my connection was bad. I tried to explain that I was definitely connected at the time because I could see chat in the chatbox coming in and so forth, I just couldn't act. They wouldn't listen.

ErrantNight
03-08-2005, 01:48 AM
you can continue to follow chat while your connection says it's good when in fact you're timing out on play...