PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Proposition

NAU_Player
03-07-2005, 03:19 AM
So I was playing in a multi-table SnG on party last night, and it was down to the final two. We had been HU for about 20 minutes, and the other guy said he was sick of playing, and wanted to go. He proposed that in 3 hands we both go all-in and keep doing that until there was a winner.

Now, I have read a few posts over in the internet forum about Party shutting down accounts for pushing chips in a tournament and was wondering if the same would happen here if I chose to accept.

Second, if in 3 hands he pushes preflop and you are dealt KTs, do you call knowing that he has any 2 cards and you are probably good enough to win?

Lastly, if in either case you think that Party is going to do anything to your account what alternative is an acceptable one? Have him press away and get blinded off to you for the win? Tell him he's a pussy and should finish the game? (knowing that he isnt going to)

I’m still trying to figure out which is the right answer. I emailed party to ask them and haven’t heard back yet, so your input is greatly appreciated /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr_J
03-07-2005, 04:17 AM
" He proposed that in 3 hands we both go all-in and keep doing that until there was a winner."

I assume he said this after the cards were dealt. First thing that'd cross my mind is that he has a very strong hand.

If he's better than you and he's being honest, it's a good move.

If he's worse than you then it's a bad move.

It could be a bad move anyway since he could be trying to trick you.

raptor517
03-07-2005, 04:21 AM
i would say ok and just wait for him to push. then say whoops, i forgot if u have rags. then just keep playing normal. pwnd /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

bweiser8311962
03-07-2005, 05:14 AM
What's he going to do? Walk away? If he does, you win. If he doesn't, you can still win. If you get a great hand in the next 3 and push, you can win. No way I take him up on his offer, though.

Zelcious
03-07-2005, 07:37 AM
What do you mean by party shutting down accounts for pushing chips in a tournament ? Why would they do something like that ?

skipperbob
03-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Don't worry about PartyPoker; they're so into things such as the "reserved seats" nonsense that they can't be bothered with policing the games. Besides they also don't get involved with an honest attempt to do something right; They like to wait for a completely random occasion to screw you over /images/graemlins/grin.gif