PDA

View Full Version : AKo vs. 2 solid players

jacki
03-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Jumping back into 2-4 and 3-6 after a baby- and family-induced respite.

Taggish was tight, fairly solid, didn't seem to get out of line postflop
TAGplus was newer to the table and had been raising quite a bit but the hands he showed down were raise-worthy.

Interesting decisions on 3 streets.
PREFLOP: The coldcall from TAGplus made my brain freeze preflop. Call or 3bet here?
FLOP: i guess i put TAGplus on a flush draw, so I raised to get it heads up. I'd probably fold to a check-3bet from Taggish.
TURN: This is one of those "I'm not sure what to do, so we'll just move on" checks.

Comments please?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 (Taggish) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 (TAGplus) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 (Taggish) calls, MP2 (TAGplus) calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Taggish checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAGplus bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Taggish folds, TAGplus calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TAGplus checks, Hero checks.

private joker
03-07-2005, 03:11 AM
I like the turn check. It's possible your A and K outs are clean, and your Q outs are obviously clean. Check with outs and bet without. If he bets into you on the river and you do not improve, easy fold. If he checks, check behind, because a TAG will not call with a hand that you beat, nor will he fold a better hand after your turn check.

Preflop and flop are standard.