PDA

View Full Version : Average Amount ITM

Poolgod32
03-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Heres a question. I keep all my SNG results on a spreadsheet. One stat I like to keep is Average Amount ITM. This is calculated as follows:
All ITM finishes X their respective winning amounts/ # of ITM finishes
Anyone have any thoughts about this stat or its relevance if any?

citanul
03-07-2005, 01:47 PM
If I'm reading this correctly, this stat should be "Dollars won per ITM tournament." Meh. I guess that this is a semi-semi-reasonable way of looking at your ITM distribution, to see if you're getting enough 1sts, basically.

I think it's a pretty dumb stat, I think.

For instance, a better stat which means more would be something like, oh, ROI.

citanul

zipppy
03-07-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think it's a pretty dumb stat, I think.

For instance, a better stat which means more would be something like, oh, ROI.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

While I don't think this stat is more useful than, say, just looking at your distribution of ITM finishes, I also think it could serve that purpose, and isn't necessarily a "dumb stat".

Using some method or statistic to measure (in general) how good your play is once you're ITM can help to evaluate if and when this area needs to improve in your game as time progresses.

I think whether ROI "means more" depends on the context of how you use it.

If I'm evaluating how well I'm playing in general, then yes...ROI might be a better judge of that. If I'm evaluating how well I'm playing once I'm ITM, then ROI doesn't really give any information for this, does it?

>>ZIPPPY

burningyen
03-07-2005, 03:16 PM
I think the only way you can measure how good your play is once ITM is to keep track of your stack size/place when you pass the bubble. If you consistently get ITM with only 1BB, it doesn't necessarily say anything about your ITM play when you bust out immediately. Whereas if you consistently get ITM as chip leader and bust out immediately you have problems.

zipppy
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you consistently get ITM with only 1BB, it doesn't necessarily say anything about your ITM play when you bust out immediately. Whereas if you consistently get ITM as chip leader and bust out immediately you have problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.