PDA

View Full Version : nfl locks of the week

09-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone,
Last week i selected as my game of the week the Giants covering 12 against the rams. this gets me off to a nice 1-0 start. This week i have two locks that you can take right to the bank or your online bookie or online service or whatever method of wagering you prefer

My first pick is Buffalo +8 vs Denver. Denver had to start the season against two of what where supposed to be the offensive powerhouses in the NFL, they have to be very happy to come out of the first two weeks undefeated. Denvers defense is top notch and will carry them far in the AFC this season. On the other hand Denvers offense has been inconsistant, with Brian Griese having his troubles. Looking at the Bills, they have an offense that can put up points in bunches. Drew Bledsoe has looked great so far and if it wasn't for the fact that Tom Brady has started right where he left off New England would be questioning why they let a stud NFL quaterback leave. With wide reciever targets of all pro eric moulds and a core of other solid revievers, I look for Buffalo to keep this one close. My prediction:

Denver 27 Buffalo 24

My second lock of the week is Washington +9 vs San Fransisco
This is the game that everyone has come out and said that San Fransisco is going to get there revenge for the pre season. After last week steve Spurrier and his crew looked very bad(which being a hardcore Eagles fan brought much pleasure to my life), in my honest opinion The redskins defense is not as bad as it looked last week and the eagles offense is pretty damm good when they execute. The redskins have something to prove this week, they where embaressed on a national platform. My other reasoning for a washington cover in this game is that I have not seen much proof that San fransisco is going to put a lot of points on the board. there offensive line has not protected Garcia, he has been under constant pruessure. I think Washington will keep Garcia under pruessure and mayby cause some key turnovers.
this one could be a major upset, i think Washington will definatly cover but i wouldn't be suprised to see them come out on top. BTW The under looks good to
Prediction Washingtoon 17 San Fransisco 16

Those Are my locks of the week any input is greatly appreciated

Dave g