PDA

View Full Version : Did I play the end of this SnG wrong?

A-Baum
03-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Stars $20 NL 1 table tournament.

It's down to me and the villain, blinds are 100/200

I am T10202
Villain is T3298

I am dealt K3s and complete. Villain checks
Flop T K 8 rainbow.

Villain goes all in and I call with my top pair.
Turn is J and 5 making T K 8 J 5. Villain held J8 for two pair and doubled up.

We are now equal in chips.

Next hand I'm dealt Jh Td
Flop comes 6c Jc 7c
I go all in with pair of Jacks.

Villain calls and turns over Js Tc for 4 to a flush
Turn is a club and he takes the pot and I'm down to T308
while Villain is at 12884.

The rest is obvious.

I don't think I could have played this any different, just got beat plain and simple.

Anyone disagree?

raptor517
03-07-2005, 01:00 AM
welcome to the beautiful game of poker /images/graemlins/wink.gif enjoy it

curtains
03-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah you played terribly to get sucked out on twice. The goal of poker is to get your money in with the best of it, you obviously did that in hand 1 and hand 2 was basically even. I don't see how you can ask whether you played it right?

A-Baum
03-07-2005, 01:25 AM
The hand where we both had JT, should I have not gone all in when I saw a board with all clubs? Is that even a consideration when it's heads up? My heads up game needs help, that's why I'm questioning my play.

What about when I had K3 with crappy kicker? Is that a consideration in heads up play?

curtains
03-07-2005, 01:30 AM
Sorry thought he hit runner runner in the JT hand. The k3 hand was fine. In general you have to be very aggressive headsup. I don't know all the details of the JT hand, but I'm assuming it was reasonable what you did.

A-Baum
03-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Not much else to know about the JT hand. I had T6900 he had T6500. I get JT in BB, villain completes and I check. Flop comes 6 J 7 all clubs and I push. He calls and makes his flush.

Just curious if I should be mindful of the clubs on the board and slow down a little since I didn't have a club myself. Is that or isn't that a consideration in HU?