PDA

View Full Version : 3457 in triple draw

kirisim
03-07-2005, 12:51 AM
In a six-handed 2-7 TD game, what should you so with 3457 against a raiser? Or, if it's folded to you, raise or throw it away?

Terry
03-07-2005, 02:38 AM
You are drawing for a deuce. Unless the raiser is a nut case he probably has one of them. Do you want to cold call a raise with three outs to the nuts? You do have position, but do you want to call this raiser all the way if you make a rough 8 or 9 and he keeps coming?

If it’s folded to you, I think it’s probably worth a steal attempt if there is some chance the blinds will lay it down here or after the first draw.

I’ve only dabbled with this game a little bit and I could very well be wrong but I only like this hand in position against someone who has shown that he can lay down a hand ... and I don’t really like it at all if someone is raising in front of me.

If I tried to steal with it and got reraised I’d probably take one off but plan to be done with it if the deuce didn’t come.

BluffTHIS!
03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are drawing for a deuce. Unless the raiser is a nut case he probably has one of them. Do you want to cold call a raise with three outs to the nuts? You do have position, but do you want to call this raiser all the way if you make a rough 8 or 9 and he keeps coming?

If it’s folded to you, I think it’s probably worth a steal attempt if there is some chance the blinds will lay it down here or after the first draw.

I’ve only dabbled with this game a little bit and I could very well be wrong but I only like this hand in position against someone who has shown that he can lay down a hand ... and I don’t really like it at all if someone is raising in front of me.

If I tried to steal with it and got reraised I’d probably take one off but plan to be done with it if the deuce didn’t come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. It's only a hand worth trying to steal the blinds with since if you don't get the deuce the best you can make is a fat 8 which most likely won't win against the raiser unless you get very lucky and he bricks all 3 draws.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-07-2005, 03:45 AM
generally with this hand you should only try to steal the blinds with it.

as a general rule, never call a raise without a deuce.

kirisim
03-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the responses, this is exactly what I was thinking. It's only worth trying to steal the blinds. But, if you get called, many of the hands you make will be quite rough (87, 97.)