PDA

View Full Version : Wait until river? (50-100)

09-21-2002, 07:34 PM
I watched 50-100 game on Ladbrokes a few minutes ago and I sae a move from one of the players that Im sure I heavenīt done. But maybe that is what seperates me from them?

Anyway, they played 4 players only but both other players folded and the blinds took it heads up. Sb called and BB checked.

Flop: QQ3 rainbow.
Sb bets and BB raise. SB calls.
Turn: 7 completing the rainbow.
Sb check and call.
River: 5

SB checkraises BB and BB calls. SB shows 1010 and BB mucks.
Crazy or genius played by SB? I would have 3-bet the flop and then bet every street. Which way do u prefer? Thx!

Andy B
09-22-2002, 04:36 PM
I thought it a little odd that someone posted a 2/4 and a 50/100 hand on the same day. OK, so you were a spectator on this one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I have never played that high (I presume that that's 50/100 pounds, and pounds are somewhat larger than dollars if memory serves). I do play a lot of $15/30 and some $30/60, with a strong preference for short-handed games.

Anyway, when I have the small blind heads-up, I raise with so many hands that I figure I might as well raise when I actually have a hand. I do see some folks just call and hope to three-bet. This is defensible, but I don't know if I think that TT is quite strong enough for this. I would also just bet the hand the whole way. Given that he just limped before the flop, the rest of his play does make sense. The big blind would probably wait until the turn or river to raise if he held a Queen, and TT beats about everything else. Surely BB raises BTF with AA, KK, or JJ. I'm not crazy about possibly giving free cards to overcards, but there's a pretty good chance that BB is drawing very slim, e.g., he has a Trey with a kicker smaller than BB's Tens.

I don't know about $50/100, but I find that the main thing that separates a lot of $30/60 players from the $3/6 players is that the $30/60 players have a lot more money.