PDA

View Full Version : What Do I Do Here?

Skip Brutale
03-07-2005, 12:47 AM
6 handed 25/50 I got 1800. I'm in the bb with A8s, 2 limpers, sb completes and flop comes 648 rainbow. I bet half-pot and the utg limper who has me covered mini-raises, everyone folds.

What is the play? The stacks aren't very deep, I decided to call and see what happened. The turn was X and he half-pot bet, I called.

River is another 6 and he moves all-in now. After some hesitation I laid it down. I could see him bluffing the whole way, thinking my half-pot bet on a rag flop is a bluff so he will rebluff, then continuing and figuring I don't have the 6 on the river.

I can also see him doing this with a 6.

Where did I go wrong? If anywhere.

citanul
03-07-2005, 12:56 AM
What was the x on the turn? The reason I ask is that there are very few actual xes to be had with that flop. I'm undecided about what to do here just yet, though I don't think I like the hand from start to finish. A bit more information about the villain in the hand would be great, but I really can't see very many circumstances where I would call the turn bet (I was going to say "and then fold to the river bet," but I realized that I would either usually fold to the turn bet or push over it, if I had gotten, somehow, to the turn in the manner you did).

In the future, a recommendation, use the hand converter, and then annotate from there. It allows for easy readability, and provides all the stack size/seating information that is easy to forget to include.

citanul

The Yugoslavian
03-07-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In the future, a recommendation, use the hand converter, and then annotate from there. It allows for easy readability, and provides all the stack size/seating information that is easy to forget to include.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Your post had the potential for quite a bit of nastiness. Way to hold back!!

Yugoslav

Skip Brutale
03-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Can I get a link to the hand converter then.

citanul
03-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks Yugo, a bit of friendly encouragement on my new attitude is always appreciated.

Bison Link (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

citanul