PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair medium kicker meets agression from a LP-P

spacemonkey57
03-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Villan is a LP-P (31.25/0/.35) over 50 hands. How is my flop raise and what's my line for the rest of the hand? Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero?

Nick C
03-07-2005, 05:45 AM
I know 50 hands isn't all that much, but I actually wouldn't feel too bad about folding to SB's bet and BB's call on the flop. SB has very passive numbers, I don't like my kicker all that much, and even if it so happens that I am ahead, there are a lot of ways I could go on to lose (whereas it'll be difficult for me to improve to a winning hand if I'm behind).

But, anyway, if I did raise, probably I'd call the 3-bet, in part because I'd be worried the table would notice if I took a raise-fold line on the flop and start taking shots at me. (In this hand, BB in particular might take notice.)

When SB bet again on the turn, I'd fold, unless my made hand had improved or I had picked up an OESD, in which case I'd call. I wouldn't feel too good about calling with just kings up though, and as I think about it more, I'm starting to wonder if maybe just folding to the flop 3-bet is best.

Kerry Miller
03-07-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd cautiously call and see if I improved, putting the SB on Q5 or K5 (blinds getting to play crud cheaply, after all) Unless I improved on the turn, I'm folding to their bet.

Interestingly, given that you've only seen 50 hands here, this /could/ be an agression play with Qx or Kx, but I wouldn't push it unless I knew what the relationship was between the SB and BB (ie does the SB think that the BB will fold to a reraise? is the SB trying to isolate you?)

ErrantNight
03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
raise preflop.

PokerBob
03-07-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villan is a LP-P (31.25/0/.35) over 50 hands. How is my flop raise and what's my line for the rest of the hand? Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are in the clear from AK, as you would have heard about that preflop. This could be a pump of a draw. I think you call down and spike a T. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick C
03-07-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are in the clear from AK, as you would have heard about that preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I've been seeing a fair amount of limping with premium hands at the tables lately. And Villain in this hand hasn't raised once preflop yet, after 50 hands.

Actually, given his usual passivity postflop, I'm thinking two pair or better seems likely, once SB 3-bets the flop.

I suppose something like K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif is also possible, but I wouldn't expect this player to be pumping a draw (although, of course, you never know).