PDA

View Full Version : The sheer hypocrisy in Malmuth's post

ClaytonN
03-06-2005, 11:47 PM
I was under the impression that poker is a game of playing the right odds in the long run.

At least, that's what I learned in TOP.

Should I be looking for the next 2+2 book, "How to proclaim your poker school's train of thought is the greatest off the results of one tournament"?

Lame.

maurile
03-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Have a beer, dude. Relax. A little cheerleading never hurt nobody.

Army Eye
03-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any such proclaiming.

ClaytonN
03-06-2005, 11:50 PM
For the time being, I won't.

If MM is referring to something else I'll back off.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any such proclaiming.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Doyle, Ivey, Chan... nothing else needs to be said"

I don't know why Doyle's in there (didn't he get beat by Billy Baxter?), but when I read the above in context I view it as a proclamation in the defense of those who think Ivey and Chan have something on DS.

Like one tournament is gonna say anything. Please.

TheShootah
03-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Wow! Have a couple beers. Plz also note Sklansky beat Doyle Heads up in the WPT event. You kinda spazzed right there.

That guy
03-07-2005, 12:17 AM
"How to proclaim your poker school's train of thought is the greatest off the results of one tournament"?

dude, please post Masons hypocritical statement because it doesn't exist on this site..
you might want to work on your reading comprehension as you probably also missed a lot of what is in TOP...

maryfield48
03-07-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Doyle, Ivey, Chan... nothing else needs to be said"

I don't know why Doyle's in there (didn't he get beat by Billy Baxter?), but when I read the above in context I view it as a proclamation in the defense of those who think Ivey and Chan have something on DS.

Like one tournament is gonna say anything. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time and again on these boards it has been argued that DS' lack of tournament success should be used as a rebuttal of his place as a poker theorist. So there is probably a bit of "Nyah, nyah, nyah nyah nyah" in MM's post.

But also, they are likely good friends, and there's nothing wrong with getting a little giddy over a friend's success. Add to that the enhanced prospects for 2+2 arising from these results, and I think that's all the context that you need.

Oluwafemi
03-07-2005, 12:21 AM
come to think of it, i can no longer find the [Doyle, Ivey, Chan] thread. was it deleted? hmmmmmm.

"nothing else needs to be said".

Best Wishes,

Oluwafemi

Oluwafemi
03-07-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
come to think of it, i can no longer find the [Doyle, Ivey, Chan] thread. was it deleted? hmmmmmm.

"nothing else needs to be said".

Best Wishes,

Oluwafemi

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, it's back. whew! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ClaytonN
03-07-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Time and again on these boards it has been argued that DS' lack of tournament success should be used as a rebuttal of his place as a poker theorist. So there is probably a bit of "Nyah, nyah, nyah nyah nyah" in MM's post.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something inherently wrong with making a comment like that, though. Do you see why?

Of course, his comments could be totally on a tangent to what I perceive his words to be, at which point I'd look stupid. But I'm willing to deal with that.

If he's saying "Har har! You all thought the DS school of thought couldn't hang with the big boys because you never see DS or me finish high in any of the big tournies, well THIS SHOWS YOU!", then I think 2+2 followers should be offended.

Oluwafemi
03-07-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"How to proclaim your poker school's train of thought is the greatest off the results of one tournament"?

dude, please post Masons hypocritical statement because it doesn't exist on this site..
you might want to work on your reading comprehension as you probably also missed a lot of what is in TOP...

[/ QUOTE ]

Doyle, Ivey, Chan: "nothing else needs to be said"

would'nt this constitute a results-oriented statement [example, bragging about someone's performance over top players in ONE tournament]? i'd like to hear what Mr. Malmuth was trying to convey when he said that, y'know, get a better understanding of things. GOD forbid it being taken the wrong way.

That guy
03-07-2005, 12:52 AM
"nothing else needs to be said"

ok fair enough - to each his own. my interpretation of that statement is a little different...

SoftcoreRevolt
03-07-2005, 02:16 AM
His friend and business partner had called him to inform him he had just beaten one of the top ranked players in the world, again achieving results for the third time after being criticized for never doing so.

The guy has the right to overreact and celebrate on his own forums. Now hopefully Fischman will get a Two Plus Two book deal on how to defeat Sklansky heads up, it is only fair.

benfranklin
03-07-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Should I be looking for the next 2+2 book, "How to proclaim your poker school's train of thought is the greatest off the results of one tournament"?

Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

If not a book, how about just a little essay about giving your friend and partner props for a good job?

Petty resentment of someone else's day in the spotlight is truly lame.

AceFace
03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree. I don't see what the OP's problem was.

Let them cheer all they want. I wouldn't be surprised if Sklansky pulled off more wins like these if he put his mind to it. Looks like now he has a reason, called exposure.

Hold'me
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't think Mason was showboating, he was just sharing his excitement over David's success with the 2+2 community. It does, however, seem that many top poker professionals show lots of contempt for 2+2 and their authors. They might just be frustrated with the fact that they can't make as much money as easily as before. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif